Prince of Poachers Book

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Just got finished reading the Prince of Poachers Book which is based on the real life exploits of the author Charles Beaty. The guy had a 20+ year career of poaching trophy deer on King, Kenedy, and other ranches. Definitely a good entertaining read.

Last edited:

GolfCat

While I don't condone what he did one bit the book is definitely and interesting read. I wasn't going to purchase it at first just because of him being an outlaw. I caved in and purchased it. A friend of mine sent me the pod casts of him talking about his adventures. I am interested about the "dirt" he claims to have.

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
The guy is a hoot. I've been talking back and forth with him for a couple of days now. In the book he talks about the Kenedy Ranch Foreman that was on his tail a couple of times. The foreman he refers to just so happens to be the grandpa of two TXST alum I know. I sent one of the girls some snap shots of the book where he talks about her grandpa and she shared the info with her fam; they are excited and plan on buying a few books. When I mentioned this to Charles he was ecstatic and wants to honor him by including a picture of her grandpa in his final copy. Then he went on to ask me if she was good looking and single LOL .....

I can tell you this the guy loves to hunt and he's an excellent showman when it comes to telling stories; however you can tell the cancer he's been fighting has taken a toll on his body and mind.