SBC 2021 Track and Field

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
6 weeks of competition and 6 SBC Athlete of the week awards.

She has the top hammer in the SBC by 40 feet, the top discus in the SBC by 16 feet, and the top shot put in the SBC by 6 feet. 2nd best mark nationally in the hammer, 9th in discus, and 13th in shot put. Pretty amazing stuff. She's gonna be worth a watch at nationals. She's definitely gonna have a shot at a national championship in the hammer.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Guess we never made a 2022 thread and too late now, but the SBC championships start today through Saturday.

Parts of the competition will be on ESPN+ each day. Tonight will be on at 7pm. Events have already started so I'm guessing coverage will be a mixture of live events and previous events in the day.

Finals decided on day 1:
Women's Hammer - Noon
Men's Hammer - 2:30pm
Women's Javelin - 3pm
Women's Pole Vault - 3pm
Men's Javelin - 5:30pm
Women's 10K - 8:30pm
Men's 10K - 9:15pm

Also had the men's decathlon and women's heptathlon start this morning and prelims today in:
Women's 1500m - 7:10pm
Men's 1500m - 7:20pm
Women's 400m hurdles - 7:40pm
Men's 400m hurdles - 7:55pm
Women's 200m - 8:10pm
Men's 200m - 8:15pm

Fiefdom

I still am perplexed as to why Mthembu had the best 10000 meter time in the conference and did not run at the SBC Championships.

He got 4th in the 5000 meter, but that race was 2 days later, so maybe there was a health issue.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Yeah I was tuned in Thursday night and was also confused as to why Mthembu didn't run. Don't think we had a participant in either the men's or women's 10K for some reason.

Kind of a disappointing result for both teams. Men finished 3rd and women just 4th.