Scale Modeling

Artycat

M&G Collective Member
You make those yourself? Was that their MBT from Korea?
Yes I build them, they're 1/35 scale kits...cut, glue, fill, sand, paint, weathering, etc....(trumpeter, das work, tamiya, etc.)
The N. Koreans did export some big artillery guns, specifically SPGs, to both Iraq and Iran but not sure about N. Korean tanks
The T-54/55 tanks went into widespread service in late 50s and first real use was in the Hungarian revolution attempt.

Last edited:

GolfCat

Good stuff @Artycat. Never got into the modeling, wish I would have. Guess I never had the patience. These are nowhere near what you are doing. Are they exact replicas? Not in the least. However, they were done by my father and his brother when they were 10-14 years old which makes these almost 90yrs old. My Uncle Bill always wanted to be a Marine and entered the Corps when he was 17. He paid the ultimate sacrifice on the island of Guam on July 21, 1944 just nine days after his 19th birthday. He and my dad would go down to the grocery store and collect apple crates and carve these with their pocket knives. They would get images from old publications and go to work. Lot's of these have the name and tonnage of the actual ship written in pencil on the bottom of them. Most of these pieces had full masts, guy wires and flags at one time. Many of the turrets actually rotate just like they did when in use. However they don't elevate. Unfortunately, due to a fire at my parents house in 2006 resulting in a total loss of the structure, the pieces took a big hit to their original condition due to packing them up while their new house was being built.

Top to bottom.

???
Saratoga
Lexington
Hornet
Wasp
Yorktown
Enterprise

20221204_105617.jpg

GolfCat

Random with no names.

Wish the props were still on the planes. I have always been a fan of the Corsair. Notice the old match box with various flags that has seen it's better days. 20221204_112342.jpg20221204_112839.jpg20221204_113128.jpg

Artycat

M&G Collective Member
Top to bottom Middle
Texas
Philadelphia
Savannah
Phoenix
Chicago ???
Minneapolis
Augusta
????
Portland
Nashville

Top to Bottom L.H,
Memphis
Richmond
New Orleans

Top to Bottom R.H
????
Concord
BrooklynView attachment 3975
Those are incredible!!! Very hard to find old models like those, especially unbroken. Very Cool Corsair!

GolfCat

Those are incredible!!! Very hard to find old models like those, especially unbroken. Very Cool Corsair!
Thanks. They are kind of special to our family.
Just a couple of kids being constructive with their time. Now days many are out doing who knows what.