Texas State to Host First Presidential Debate

Bobcat1

You literally posted it as fact…and with your dumbassery prevalent on here how the f would we know you are joking?
I…posted…it…as…fact? Yeah, sure buddy. Interesting that only the resident d-💼 liked your post. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

This should have been the first indication that it wasn’t “a fact”…. 👇🏼👇🏼

BobcatsFan4Life

M&G Collective Member
It had zero to do with the venue.

Its political posturing at its finest since that's all politicians seem to care about anymore.
For the record, this got scrapped because the Biden campaign chose to abandon the format put forth by the Commission on Presidential Debates that has been in place since 1987. It was the CPD that organized this initially. The Trump campaign agreed to four total debates including this one but the Biden campaign is only agreeing to two now, setting the dates and even setting the rules for both debates. In short, this got cancelled because one side is intent on controlling the terms of every debate and doing it in a controlled studio with no live audience at all, and select moderators hosted by certain select TV networks.

It's really a shame though. Would have been great exposure for the university...

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
We will allow the post about the reasoning for the debate format change because its true and germane to this topic, but I will have to remove any posts that bash or promote either candidate.

Apologies to everyone, and just another reminder for all, but this is not a political message board. There are better forums for that subject, and our forum members are likely represented across the entire political spectrum. Criticism of the President or his opponent is just going to invite bickering and fighting between people and that subject is not why people visit this site.

BobcatsFan4Life

M&G Collective Member
We will allow the post about the reasoning for the debate format change because its true and germane to this topic, but I will have to remove any posts that bash or promote either candidate.

Apologies to everyone, and just another reminder for all, but this is not a political message board. There are better forums for that subject, and our forum members are likely represented across the entire political spectrum. Criticism of the President or his opponent is just going to invite bickering and fighting between people and that subject is not why people visit this site.
Understood, @Josh. I was typing that last reply as you posted yours so just now seeing this. Not trying to escalate anything, honestly. Just trying to point out what happened that led to a long scheduled debate being cancelled that all of our fall sports programs have unfortunately already scheduled around, in some cases to our detriment like the volleyball team. That's it. And it really is a shame because I could just hear "coming to you live from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas" through the TV in my head. It would have been really awesome independent of the debate content/results.

atxman

Republicans have been upset with the CPD for a long time (at least since 2012), and the Biden campaign was upset by things that happened in the 2020 debates. So when TXST was chosen as a debate site, I thought there was a good chance it wouldn’t happen (for all kinds of reasons) but hoped for the best. It’s really too bad.

Bobcat1

If it was a joke, then why did you double down with a list of bogus claims tying the decision to a Bobcat alum , the venue, etc.?
Because it was part of the joke. One single man (our alumn) wasn’t going to be solely in charge of it. The venue info was just my opinion on why it didn’t make sense to hold it at Strahan. 🤦🏻‍♂️