Texas State V A&M baseball

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Any one have extra seats in section E they’re not using for the baseball game against A&M? Really just need 1 more but I’ll definitely take 2. Looked online and people are asking stupid amounts for SRO and GA. No wonder it sold out in 4 minutes with people selling 7 at a time.

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
Any one have extra seats in section E they’re not using for the baseball game against A&M? Really just need 1 more but I’ll definitely take 2. Looked online and people are asking stupid amounts for SRO and GA. No wonder it sold out in 4 minutes with people selling 7 at a time.
What are folks asking for the tickets? Maybe I need to grab 4 tickets in the 5 game mini plan next year

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
What are folks asking for the tickets? Maybe I need to grab 4 tickets in the 5 game mini plan next year
We doubtfully won’t have A&M on the home schedule again next year. They seem to only come here every 3rd year or some shit like that. Last week some of the tickets were going for 60-120. Some of those were GA and SRO. Ridiculous. Luckily I was able to score an extra spot with some other friends. Anddddd now my buddy with seats next to mine had an opening so I’m going to get to sit next to my family after all

franslasttwinkie

We doubtfully won’t have A&M on the home schedule again next year. They seem to only come here every 3rd year or some shit like that.
That's pretty accurate. 15th time to play them since our first home game (in recent history- had played 18 consecutive away or netural games right before that) in 2010 and only the 5th time in SMTX since then. 1-9 in the last 10 H2H matchups. Hopefully baseball and softball can start to take some ground back and alter the course of history against A&M and Texas and we can inch closer to a .300 - .350 winning percentage against both programs. For reference, currently baseball's all-time winning % is .225 vs Aggy and .214 vs longhorn.

There are a handful of games vs A&M that have a similar theme. Take a fairly decisive early lead, give it immediately back, then flounder and give up crooked number innings the rest of the game.

Last matchup: 5-0 TXST in the 1st, then held scoreless 6 of the last 8 innings while giving up 5 errors:rolleyes:

2015:

franslasttwinkie

Having our statistical #3 best hitter on team (#1 in BA) injured + Mora Slump (18 games without a HR and 10th best on team in most hitting categories) has been a recipe for disaster. 116th in country in HRs/game, 119th in slugging, 129 in BA and 73rd in fielding %. Add in that we allow a little over a HR per game on the mound. I know a lineup goes 9 deep but that Leary injury is really starting to expose itself.

franslasttwinkie

Midseason report:

13 wins/losses this season have been decided by 2 runs or less. The margin for error in any game forward is razor thin to catapult this club back into an at large conversation. After A&M, currently the RPI of the best team we play the remaining 27 games of the season against is #49.

SOS is already #64 and that's without having played the 9 games against Marshall, Arkansas St, or ULM. A sweep against both USA and ODU would go a long way in getting back into it, but that's just the start and we would need to take care of business the rest of the way too.

franslasttwinkie

This pathetic excuse that we call a pitching staff that we let travel to ULL this weekend wouldn’t even make the cut at Aggy’s B team squad in Brenham.

Artycat

M&G Collective Member
Nice hit...it least it will not be a shut out. Our pitching has done us no favors this year. Aggie pitcher is forcing ground and fly balls for easy outs.

carmanjello325

2 dropped balls yields 2 gimme runs. yippee yai yee this is so on point in big games for the program where we look like little leaguers and dont make the opponent earn their runs the hard way. robie has been knocked around but as far as i am concerned he only owns 2 of those runs.
pena and galloway are literal liabilities they are so slow

carmanjello325

Nice hit...it least it will not be a shut out. Our pitching has done us no favors this year. Aggie pitcher is forcing ground and fly balls for easy outs.
robie is not problem he is exactly what a mid week mid major pitcher should look like. the issue is we should be knocking around their mid week guy just like the purple swac panthers of far northwest houston did to them. we currently scare atm less than the prairie dogs. midweek guys from aggie should be on point with friday guys we light up in conference

Artycat

M&G Collective Member
Well not the week/night we had hoped for. Hopefully we play UT better.