The Uniform Thread

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
Since the players seem to like black, I assume the other teams do also.
So make it easy -- ALL uniforms are black and maybe distinguish the two by Helmut COLOR. Maybe they would allow school colors there?!
With NIL in play, they are now general contractors and should just wear whatever they are paid to wear.

geezer

School loyalty is important all of a sudden? No one has supported this team since 2005. If they go to a bowl game, they can wear black a couple times a season.
I've supported this school for over 50 years. Butt in seats for football, basketball and baseball for men, basketball, softball and volleyball for women.
Even served as a judge for track and field. Season ticket holder for all those sports. Donations to Bobcat Club and the various support groups.

I would like to see a little loyalty. Don't expect though!

KatyStationed

M&G Gift Contributor
I've supported this school for over 50 years. Butt in seats for football, basketball and baseball for men, basketball, softball and volleyball for women.
Even served as a judge for track and field. Season ticket holder for all those sports. Donations to Bobcat Club and the various support groups.

I would like to see a little loyalty. Don't expect though!
Unfortunately you’re in the minority. They don’t owe you anything, but the kids owe the university that’s paying for their tuition their very best effort. If mixing a little black into the uniform rotation (which frankly, looks badass- there, I said it) helps them get dialed in, it’s objectively not so egregious that you should associate it with disloyalty.

geezer

Unfortunately you’re in the minority. They don’t owe you anything, but the kids owe the university that’s paying for their tuition their very best effort. If mixing a little black into the uniform rotation (which frankly, looks badass- there, I said it) helps them get dialed in, it’s objectively not so egregious that you should associate it with disloyalty.
Guess you didn't read the last sentence. I don't expect ANY LOYALTY from most people not of my generation. The comment was directed at the statement about no fan loyalty from anyone posting on this board.

If the wife and I weren't loyal to this school, we wouldn't have spent so much time and money supporting them.

I'm just tired of tuning in to a game broadcast and not knowing WHICH TEAM TO ROOT FOR.

KatyStationed

M&G Gift Contributor
Your last sentence didn’t make it clear who should expect what loyalty from whom. You can play the generational card all you like. I could be 18, or I could be 80 myself, but the point still stands- if you look for ways to be disenfranchised, you’ll find them, and our fan base has been great at that historically. They’re not asking to wear blue or green- the kids run hot when they get to wear a black uniform accented with our school colors. It’s going to be ok.