Thoughts on potential candidates to replace Jake Spavital

Bobcatfan71

Couple of TXST names popping up today - not sure if they've been mentioned yet.

Withers is now the AHC and Defensive Passing Coordinator at Florida Atlantic under Tom Herman.
Naivar is now the DC and Safeties coach at Coastal Carolina.
Have you seen anything on any of the coach’s from Spav staff?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Boone Feldt is the OL coach at Northwestern State
Clay Jennings is the CB coach at UNT
Archie McDaniel is the President of the Minority Coaches Advancement Association (was he still on staff last year? or even under Spav?)
Jacori Greer is the Director of Membership & New Recruitment for the Minority Coaches Advancement Association

Can't find anything for Zac Spav, Brian Hamilton...and I can't remember any other names or find a coaching roster from last year.

Bobcatfan71

Boone Feldt is the OL coach at Northwestern State
Clay Jennings is the CB coach at UNT
Archie McDaniel is the President of the Minority Coaches Advancement Association (was he still on staff last year? or even under Spav?)
Jacori Greer is the Director of Membership & New Recruitment for the Minority Coaches Advancement Association

Can't find anything for Zac Spav, Brian Hamilton...and I can't remember any other names or find a coaching roster from last year.
Gotcha… I don’t think McDaniel was here last year. I believe Fleming is at Jackson state

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Spavital isn’t going anywhere (unless he leaves for a OC job with Kingsbury in AZ).

Hatcher is our starter for the next year & Rogers will portal and Evans graduate.

We are looking at a 1-11 season next year, all things being equal. Unless we get a really good OC somehow.
The fact that through the first 2 sentences you've been as completely wrong as possible gives me hope that the trend continues into sentence 3.

11-1 season loading in 2023.....

Bobcat1

The fact that through the first 2 sentences you've been as completely wrong as possible gives me hope that the trend continues into sentence 3.

11-1 season loading in 2023.....

Yes, because statements made in a vacuum are written in stone and I’m in charge of personnel decisions at the AD. 🙄🙄🙄

You guys have some sick infatuation at proving me wrong and digging up posts months or years back (who has that kind of time and vindictiveness!???) when these are opinions that can change based on new information that arises. There’s only one know-it-all on this board who likes to disparage everyone else on here….and I ain’t him. I don’t randomly pick fights to bully people on here to adopt my opinions. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Yes, because statements made in a vacuum are written in stone and I’m in charge of personnel decisions at the AD. 🙄🙄🙄

You guys have some sick infatuation at proving me wrong and digging up posts months or years back (who has that kind of time and vindictiveness!???) when these are opinions that can change based on new information that arises. There’s only one know-it-all on this board who likes to disparage everyone else on here….and I ain’t him. I don’t randomly pick fights to bully people on here to adopt my opinions. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Well in fairness I responded as I read that post for the first time, so not digging anything up that I had seen before. I've spent too much of my last two days reading ~100 pages in this thread I've never read before since I didn't visit the site very often this fall. If it makes you feel any better there were countless terrible takes from a multitude of posters as I read with the benefit of hindsight. That being said the worst takes definitely went to.... well nevermind....

Bobcat1

Well in fairness I responded as I read that post for the first time, so not digging anything up that I had seen before. I've spent too much of my last two days reading ~100 pages in this thread I've never read before since I didn't visit the site very often this fall. If it makes you feel any better there were countless terrible takes from a multitude of posters as I read with the benefit of hindsight. That being said the worst takes definitely went to.... well nevermind....

Fair.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Last edited:

carmanjello325

Hey, enough with the ageism. It’s not like Keeler is the Biden of coaching. ATM would be happy to have him vs. what they currently have!
thats an interesting concept. a coach swap relieving atm of their buyout. id be curious if jimbo could do better at txst than gj. but id also be curious if gj could do better at atm than jumbo