Tournament Thread - Good Sam Empire Classic

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Was that a goaltend or did we just miss it? I couldn't tell from the replay.
They at least called a goaltend. I couldn’t tell if it hit the backboard or not. It was still on its way up, but that doesn’t matter if it hits backboard first.

TXST

They at least called a goaltend. I couldn’t tell if it hit the backboard or not. It was still on its way up, but that doesn’t matter if it hits backboard first.
Hell of a game. Hoping we can keep our composure, finish strong and get a good win.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Man I had the same thought. I'd be pissed if I had us -8. The degenerates were on this game too considering it was the final game of the night across D1 basketball. Though I saw a lot of folks bet us live at halftime at +140 to win. So probably not a ton of people mad at us for blowing that cover since we won outright.
81-74 final. In the final 20 seconds EWU scored, stole the inbounds, scored again and-one and made the FT to cover.

Shooting came around in the 2nd half. 56 points scored. That's a ton for us, or anybody really, but especially us.

That seemed like a pretty good team. They had size and could shoot. Harrell was guarding a guy a foot taller than him at times cause there was nobody near his size to guard.

Asberry had 18, Harrell 17, Small 14, and Ceaser had a quiet 13.

Improve to 3-2 on the season and finally play our home opener vs. D3 LeTourneau on Wednesday night.

TXST

Not ideal, but can give our starters a rest hopefully and let us see what the bench can do since we are senior heavy this year.