When did you graduate or become a fan?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Dang Josh that's impressive. Congrats on your upcoming graduation. What field of work are you planning to get into?
Right now I'm looking at social work or teaching. (Unless Texas State comes at me with a job offer that I can't refuse. :LOL:)

It will probably come down to how grad school applications play out. I'm MORE than ready to get back to work full-time, (I'm tired of money going out faster than it's coming in) but I know that if I leave school in May I likely won't be returning again.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Right now I'm looking at social work or teaching.

It will probably come down to how grad school applications play out.
I was notified yesterday that I was accepted into TXST's MSW program. That was the program that I wanted the most, so it looks like I'm going to be here for another couple of years!

Y'all don't even want to know what my alternative options were. I might have been run off the forum. 🤣

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I was notified yesterday that I was accepted into TXST's MSW program. That was the program that I wanted the most, so it looks like I'm going to be here for another couple of years!

Y'all don't even want to know what my alternative options were. I might have been run off the forum. 🤣
UTSA? 😬😬😬

vp98

My Mom is from Georgetown and is a UT fan. Dad is from Oklahoma and was an OU fan. They met when he was stationed in the Army at Hood. I grew up in DFW. When I was in the Army in Germany my Mom, brother and sister moved to Georgetown. My family wanted me to go to college around central Texas. On some of my visits coming home on leave several friends and relatives recommended SWT. I visited and decided that I wanted to go there. It is veteran friendly, strong in my major Political Science, has a good German program and good study abroad programs. Once I went there my loyalties all became SWT. I went to every home football game my Sophomore through Senior years. I only missed two my Freshman year. I was there for the great basketball seasons 1994 and 1997. I also had Bobcat softball pitcher Erin Bennett in my literature class and began to attend those games. Since graduation in 1998 I moved out of state but then moved back to DFW in 2006. I embraced the name change to Texas State and believe that name better reflects the status of the present and future of our university. I'm usually able to attend one home football game per year. It sucks that UTA is no longer in the Sunbelt as I used to be able to see basketball, softball and baseball when Texas State played at UTA. I have my Masters (MPA) from UTA. I was at the UTSA game last year and will be there to see us beat them this year. The bowl game at SMU was awesome and my daughter and I were easily able to attend. We need people like me who watch on ESPN+ for a national audience. Eat 'em up, CATS!