Win Now or Get Bent - Keff Ciardello new podcast

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
What stood out to me the most was the Jordan Fryer story. Holy moly that was funny.

Bobkat34

I think a lot stood out... in DETAIL.

We all knew that a SR/JR/Soph/FR last year would again be a SR/JR/Soph/FR again this 2021 season. But did anyone even consider that had he not brought in the 4-5 GR TR he did, Jake said we'd only had about 5 SRs! To be honest, I'm not sure that is exactly true. I count about 9 unless Robert Brown left (don't know as of yet) or the other 8 seniors (Twyford, Patton, Pierce, Coleman, Taylor, Stringer, Graham, Rodgers). Either way, just having 9 SRs could affect recruiting numbers too.

He was quite accurate that Sophs (my count is 24 right now) and FR (my count is 16) is half of the roster coming back so adding too many HS kids doesn't make sense for us right now. I'd only expect a few (say 4-5 at most) and that would leave us with 5-6 likely use for TRs (JC/4yr/GR TR). I've seen Dewhurst, Greer, Hamilton looking at GR TR some so I'd expect a few to maybe help balance us out unless they give a ship or 2 to any worthy PWOs they want.

I had not considered that is a new category for FR. So there is now True freshmen (any they may add AND Markiewiecz/Scott/Horn/Emmanuel brothers/Childress), RS FR (Hill, Jantz, Frazier, Martinez, Haynes, and Orona), and now a 5th year FR like Evans (will really be a 6th year since he was at UNC St. for 2 seasons already and is still a RS FR!) and Hayes.

If there should be any concerns regarding the building of the program 2-3 years, it will be with the Sophs and FR we have right now returning or coming in. That includes this group:

Here is your future 2-3 years and anyone else they bring in for 2021 that is a Soph. or FR.

PositionSophomoreFreshmen
QB - 3McBride1PWO Bolger; Evans (RS)1
RB - 5Jeter; Sturgess; PWO M. Brown2Hill (RS)1
OT - 6/7Cooks; Moore; 2Cooper (RS); Scott2
OG - 6Robinson; J. Smith; Wa'a30
C - 20Markiewcz1
TE - 3Lanam; Caillouett; Hilts; PWO Huff30
WR - 12Hopkins; Jackson; Aragon3Jantz (RS), Frazier (RS); Horn3
DT/NT - 7Washington; Obiang10
DE - 4Revels; Lynch; Schaefer30
OLB - 50Martinez (RS); Josh Emmanuel; Hayes3
ILB - 50Haynes (RS); Nixon; John Emmanuel3
CB - 5Hockley10
S - 7Mask; Anderson; Spears3Childress1
K/P - 3 Stewart; O'Kelley; 2Orona (RS)1
LS - 100
Total24016

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I think a lot stood out... in DETAIL.

We all knew that a SR/JR/Soph/FR last year would again be a SR/JR/Soph/FR again this 2021 season. But did anyone even consider that had he not brought in the 4-5 GR TR he did, Jake said we'd only had about 5 SRs! To be honest, I'm not sure that is exactly true. I count about 9 unless Robert Brown left (don't know as of yet) or the other 8 seniors (Twyford, Patton, Pierce, Coleman, Taylor, Stringer, Graham, Rodgers). Either way, just having 9 SRs could affect recruiting numbers too.

He was quite accurate that Sophs (my count is 24 right now) and FR (my count is 16) is half of the roster coming back so adding too many HS kids doesn't make sense for us right now. I'd only expect a few (say 4-5 at most) and that would leave us with 5-6 likely use for TRs (JC/4yr/GR TR). I've seen Dewhurst, Greer, Hamilton looking at GR TR some so I'd expect a few to maybe help balance us out unless they give a ship or 2 to any worthy PWOs they want.

I had not considered that is a new category for FR. So there is now True freshmen (any they may add AND Markiewiecz/Scott/Horn/Emmanuel brothers/Childress), RS FR (Hill, Jantz, Frazier, Martinez, Haynes, and Orona), and now a 5th year FR like Evans (will really be a 6th year since he was at UNC St. for 2 seasons already and is still a RS FR!) and Hayes.

If there should be any concerns regarding the building of the program 2-3 years, it will be with the Sophs and FR we have right now returning or coming in. That includes this group:

Here is your future 2-3 years and anyone else they bring in for 2021 that is a Soph. or FR.

PositionSophomoreFreshmen
QB - 3McBride1PWO Bolger; Evans (RS)1
RB - 5Jeter; Sturgess; PWO M. Brown2Hill (RS)1
OT - 6/7Cooks; Moore;2Cooper (RS); Scott2
OG - 6Robinson; J. Smith; Wa'a30
C - 20Markiewcz1
TE - 3Lanam; Caillouett; Hilts; PWO Huff30
WR - 12Hopkins; Jackson; Aragon3Jantz (RS), Frazier (RS); Horn3
DT/NT - 7Washington; Obiang10
DE - 4Revels; Lynch; Schaefer30
OLB - 50Martinez (RS); Josh Emmanuel; Hayes3
ILB - 50Haynes (RS); Nixon; John Emmanuel3
CB - 5Hockley10
S - 7Mask; Anderson; Spears3Childress1
K/P - 3Stewart; O'Kelley;2Orona (RS)1
LS - 100
Total24016
Your counts are way off. Just look at the roster and you'll count 31 freshman and 33 sophomores. You're missing people like Jared Hopper from your list.

Bobkat34

Your counts are way off. Just look at the roster and you'll count 31 freshman and 33 sophomores. You're missing people like Jared Hopper from your list.

You are right about me missing Hopper (believe he is on ship) but I have not heard any of these guys are on ship Deason, Ashton Johnson, Jason Williams, Logan Stiba, JT Greer, Hampton, Webb, Allert, Durham Harris, Simpson, Nunez, Prewitt, Mendoza, Groeschel, McCoy. So if they are not on ship, what does this have to do with the 10 ships we have left? Yes, they are part of the 120 as are the other Sophs not mentioned that are not on ship. I focus on our ship players.

So outside of Hopper, my count is not way off. If only we had 120 ships to give out.

Bobkat34

2nd Podcast: Basketball with Brant Freeman
-Does discuss the issues with Jim Turner, nothing official on his hiring to this point
-Freeman on b-ball team and some other quick hitters

I'm still be happy to bring in Jim Turner. I think he could get this team moving in the right direction. We'll see.

Bubba Wa'a not coming and it is a family emergency but likely with McGuire gone as well.

Last edited: