wk5: @ Louisiana Monroe

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
TXST (8-4) @ ULM (6-8)

6:00 start Thursday, ESPN+ broadcast here: link, Livestats here: link
2:00 start Friday, ESPN+ broadcast here: link, Livestats here: link

The Cats are 52-2 against the Warhawks, with their last loss coming in 2005. In fact, the last time our ladies dropped a set to ULM was in 2016. It would be an absolute crime to drop a match in Monroe.

It looks like the majority of their points come from the middle, with 49% of their total scoring coming from their 2 MB and one listed as MB/OH. 20% of their total scoring comes from the starting MB, #20. Lots of Texans - 5 of their top 7 scorers and 10 total on the roster.

Not a tall squad: 6', 5'11", 6', 6', 6'1", 6'1", 5'8" (S)

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I should probably read those previews from the school before doing my writeup. smh.

• Since the first-ever meeting between the two volleyball programs on Sept. 28, 1984, Texas State has posted a 52-2 all-time record against ULM.
  • Texas State has not lost to ULM since Nov. 11, 2005, when the Warhawks won a five-set match in Monroe, La. Prior to that match, the only other TXST loss to ULM occurred on Oct. 11, 2002, when the Warhawks won a five-set match in Monroe, La.
  • Texas State has won the last 41 consecutive sets against ULM. The last time the Warhawks won a set against the Bobcats happened on Oct. 29, 2016, when ULM won the second set during a four-set TXST win.

Fiefdom

Nice to see Walsh starting all 3 sets with 12 kills and Defraeye came in for the third set and had 3 blocks.

Buettner did not suit up.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
That's a solid whuppin. I like seeing the new kids get run. I think the rotation is so solid now he can swap some pieces with confidence.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
In fact, the last time our ladies dropped a set to ULM was in 2016.
Welp, scratch that one.

25-15 ULM S1

Looks like Defraeye and Walsh both got the start today. No Buettner in the box score. Hope she's OK.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
25-18 Cats in S3, up 2-1

This was uncomfortably close in the 1st half, w/ TXST down early, then back and forth, tied at 11...then 15-13 Cats...and a 6pt run w/ Teske serving and it was all over for ULM.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Cats better get it together. Looking lost in the 4th, down 8-16, TO TXST

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
25-22 Cats, 3-1 over ULM

Hell of a fight to come back and take that W!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Hopefully it's just giving her a rest and Walsh/Teske some run. Teske had a nice day: