Bobcat Soccer 2022

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Soccer opened conference play today with a 2-1 victory over Arkansas State. (Now 7-1-1 (1-0-0))

We had at least two starters out. (from what I could tell) I missed the TCU game because I had to catch up on schoolwork last Sunday, so I don't know the extent of either. Peschel didn't play at all today and was on crutches on the sideline when she didn't have her leg wrapped & elevated. I didn't see Juana Plata anywhere.

Anyhow.. I've made it out to 4 games so far this year and have had a blast each time. This team is gritty and fun to watch.

If anyone needs to re-fill their Bobcat pride a little, I highly recommend catching a match before the season is over. The games are free, and this team has earned some decent crowds to play in front of. They're not a dull or disappointing outing either.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Zoe Junior is having a phenomenal season. She's a star (no exaggeration) -incredibly fast and athletic... It's wild to me that she is only a sophomore because she's going to be a force for a while.

GK Katelyn Chrisman is tough as hell too. She's got some developing to do, but her fierceness is just about everything you want in goal.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Bobcats Hit the Road to Face Eagles

SAN MARCOS, Texas –
The Texas State soccer team (7-1-1, 1-0-0 Sun Belt) hits the road for the first time in Sun Belt Conference play when it faces Georgia Southern (1-2-4, 0-0-1 Sun Belt) Thursday night. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT at Eagle Field.

Fans can catch the match on ESPN+ and along with live stats being available.

About Texas State

Conference play began with the Bobcats winning 2-1 over Arkansas State at the Bobcat Soccer Complex on Saturday. The victory was TXST’s eighth in Sun Belt opening matches since joining the league and improved to 17-3-4 all-time in the first match of conference play. A win on Thursday will give Texas State a 2-0-0 start in Sun Belt play for the second straight year and sixth time since becoming a league member.

Zoe Junior netted her team leading fourth goal this past weekend. All of her goals have been match-winners, which leads the conference and is tied for third in the nation. Madi Goss enters the match with three goals while both Bailey Peschel and Olivia Wright have scored twice. Mya Ulloa leads the squad with two assists.

Katelyn Chrisman sports a 1.13 GAA with 24 saves and .727 save percentage over eight matches. Beth Agee has made two appearances between the posts, has made two saves and hasn’t allowed a goal in 95:45 minutes.

About Georgia Southern

The Eagles are coming off a scoreless draw at Troy to open conference play. The lone win of the season came at North Florida (3-1) on Aug. 25 while the three non-conference draws were against Jacksonville, Northern Arizona and UAB. Thursday will be just the second home match of the season for GS with the first being the draw to the Blazers back on Aug. 21.

Five goals have been tallied by the Eagles with one apiece from Ellie McIntyre, Elis Nemtsov, Smith Cathey, Simone Timm and Kendal Wilson. Credited with a team-high three assists is Erin Wilkins.

Katie Oakley has started six matches in goal and sports a 1.52 GAA with 28 saves and a .757 save percentage. Michaela Mikko has made two appearances between the posts with one start, which came on Sunday at Troy. For the season, she has yet to allow a goal in 98:33 minutes and has made four saves.

All-Time Series

Texas State leads the all-time series 4-2-1. Last season saw Georgia Southern claim a 1-0 win in overtime that took place in Statesboro with the goal coming off a long shot that deflected off a Bobcat defender. Prior to last year’s setback, the TXST had won three straight in the series with all of them being shutouts.

When facing the Eagles on the road, the Bobcats are 1-2-1 all-time. The lone victory came on Oct. 7, 2018 by a 3-0 score and clinched a spot in that year’s Sun Belt Tournament. The draw came in the first meeting between the programs on Oct. 24, 2014 and ended 1-1.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
We had at least two starters out. (from what I could tell) I missed the TCU game because I had to catch up on schoolwork last Sunday, so I don't know the extent of either. Peschel didn't play at all today and was on crutches on the sideline when she didn't have her leg wrapped & elevated. I didn't see Juana Plata anywhere.
Update on this: I noticed Juana Plata played a little bit last night but Bailey Peschel didn't.

I was just listening to the States Up podcast and unfortunately Brant mentioned that Peschel is out for the season. Apparently she tore her ACL in practice last week before the Arkansas State game.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Bobcats Regionally Ranked for First-Time Ever

SAN MARCOS, Texas – Off to the best start in program history, the Texas State soccer team found itself in the United Soccer Coaches Southeast Region Top 10 for the first-time ever coming in at No. 10.

The Bobcats enter the regional rankings after picking up a win over ULM and draw at Georgia Southern this past weekend to improve to 8-1-2 on the year. The Southeast Region is typically dominated by Southeastern Conference programs while other conferences in the region include the Big South, Southern and Sun Belt.

This weekend will see TXST play its lone match on the road when the team makes its first trip to the state of Mississippi to take on Sun Belt newcomer Southern Miss. Kickoff is scheduled for 12 p.m. on Saturday and will be streamed on ESPN+.

RankSchoolPreviousW-L-T
1Alabama110-1-1
2Arkansas47-2-1
3Ole Miss39-0-2
4Mississippi State99-0-2
5South Carolina26-2-3
6Tennessee56-3-1
7LSU67-2-2
8Georgia78-3-0
9VanderbiltNR8-1-1
10Texas StateNR8-1-2

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Would have been cool if we'd have played JMU in soccer this weekend too. As is, this is a pretty great midseason match up.
Thursday at 7 on West Campus. Should be able to get a packed house. Love that venue.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
NCAA DI WOMEN RANKINGS – SOUTHEAST REGION | United Soccer Coaches
October 4th, 2022
Rank​
SchoolPreviousW-L-T
1​
Alabama
1​
11-1-1​