Bobcat Stadium Renovation

franslasttwinkie

Once the roof is done they can start on the Katzegarden part right?
I would think they’d finish out the interior of the 1st floor weight room with the drywall/etc before they went back to the exterior rooftop Katzengarden? No? The whole point was to focus on getting the weight room finished first right and the Katzengarden built out could wait for September if needed? It'd be awesome if the entire project was done in time for fall camp though.

Tw_FatCat

I would think they’d finish out the interior of the 1st floor weight room with the drywall/etc before they went back to the exterior rooftop Katzengarden? No? The whole point was to focus on getting the weight room finished first right and the Katzengarden built out could wait for September if needed? It'd be awesome if the entire project was done in time for fall camp though.
By the look of the design those two things probably won't interfere with each other. Probably be going simultaneously. Can't imagine a reason one would need finished before the other.

LT Spider

They still aren’t sure what Katzengarten will be once it’s complete. Could be its own separate ticketed area or be come and go like in the past. Pros and cons to each. Probably won’t be a decision soon.

Evil Bill

They still aren’t sure what Katzengarten will be once it’s complete. Could be its own separate ticketed area or be come and go like in the past. Pros and cons to each. Probably won’t be a decision soon.
Pretty torn on this, loved the come and go as you please nature of the Katzengarten but that was kinda just a big blank space where as the roof top looks to be much smaller and more restricted space. Prob needs to be ticketed separately to keep from overcrowding but won’t say I won’t bum me out a bit as I pay extra for access…

LT Spider

Pretty torn on this, loved the come and go as you please nature of the Katzengarten but that was kinda just a big blank space where as the roof top looks to be much smaller and more restricted space. Prob needs to be ticketed separately to keep from overcrowding but won’t say I won’t bum me out a bit as I pay extra for access…
Couple of other considerations. They want people with tickets to be in their seats, which would mean the garden could possibly be a separate ticket. On the flip side, they don’t want to make it into something that competes with the other club type options they offer.

My idea: make it open to anybody with a game ticket before the game and maybe for the first quarter. After that it’s for people that purchased a katzengarten ticket only. If that idea is dumb, don’t worry I have plenty more.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Couple of other considerations. They want people with tickets to be in their seats, which would mean the garden could possibly be a separate ticket. On the flip side, they don’t want to make it into something that competes with the other club type options they offer.

My idea: make it open to anybody with a game ticket before the game and maybe for the first quarter. After that it’s for people that purchased a katzengarten ticket only. If that idea is dumb, don’t worry I have plenty more.
I agree with ticketing it, I just don't know how that would be feasible since the roof will be flat and it would be hard to see the game unless you're near the edge. Maybe some people would be fine with the social aspect of it and be okay with not getting to see much of the field?

franslasttwinkie

I'd rather make it a separate ticket than an extra ticket to access to rooftop. We may need the extra seating for UTSA, UNT, (insert next lower level P5), etc. Whether the unofficial addition holds 500 people or 2,000 people with standing room that's valuable real estate percentage wise extra room for a high stakes game. When our butts in seats usually come up several thousand short of actual sold tickets we need as much of the regular concourse seating occupied as much as possible.

Especially if they don't ever plan to enclose the horseshoe and connect the 2nd deck of the concourse to the Katzengarden where maybe 2-3K of additional seating could be added in that area if it was bowled out.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
If they're going to restrict access to it, I suggest making it a benefit of the Bobcat Club similar to the pavilion. Put it in the $3000 or $5000 level. Incentivizes donors to donate at that level.
I would be most delighted with a Diamond donation level for requirement. Or even if they did a step below the new emerald at 2k IIRC.

Simbo0722

Seems like a great place to sell advertising, it will be the most viewed part of the stadium. Then on GameDay rent space for $$$$$. Cannot imagine it not being premium place to watch the game, kind of like sitting behind home plate.

TXST04

Definitely need to sell the rights to the Katzengarden to a title sponsor either for each game or annually to a name brand.
Suggest they place a medium sized LED screen up behind it (similar to a billboard so that it can alternate/ easily change), then sell the ability to place your brand on the screen for the duration of the game.
I don't care if its Silver Eagle, Bud Light, Brown Distro, Shiner Bock etc etc. Not only is it advertising to the fans in attendance, but it should be visible on TV too.

If its a donor level incentive, at that 3k/5k price level, that would make it hard to compete against benefits you get from the A/C, food and drink of the Champions club. I understand that they want to capitalize on revenue opportunities, however similar to the ticketing app thing, why complicate things when the above all objective is to get butts into the stadium. That doesn't mean that I'm against restrictions, just not so niche.

A few alternative approaches they may consider
  • Offer the space out to the TXST Fanatics ; incentivize students to join that group
    Down side: Robbing the student stands in one section to fill another
  • Offer the space out to alternating student groups or residence halls each game. Perhaps make it one of those participation awards for largest group to attend.
    Down side: See previous + might need to offer multiple groups at the same time and contend with groups that might not get along like two Fraternities. Might be too many student orgs to manage. (Stole this idea from my days at UF... there each Student group at each game would alternate the section they sat in based on Field closeness. Guaranteed each group would get a section annually at games that varied from front row upward to nose bleed)
  • Make it a Golden Corral- LOL; i.e. make it a place that you get catering included with an additional fee above your ticketed price.
    Down side: Already have this with the Gowens pavilion and you probably have to limit the access to the specific number of people to limit catering variability.
  • Sell the access to the Katzengarden as a standing room only section ticket like they do at the Spurs or Cowboys games.
    Down side: Can't think of any :unsure:

Then on GameDay....
Might need to consider it as a hosting space for the ESPN GameDay Crew to set up for ;) when we go 12-0. LOL

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Couple of ideas:

Pizza joint with an awesome play area for kids. Parents can watch the game while their kids are entertained. A fee in addition to the game ticket can be charged. Enter a joint venture with Double Dave's or another pizza joint to staff and manage in exchange for shared revenue and naming rights. Do Uber Eats for the stadium. All profit!

Sports bar and grill with a cover charge, so fans of other teams can watch their games too. Allow Bobcat and Champions Club members free access. Like the above, a locally named sports bar could staff and manage. Call it the Taproom or Chimy's.

Last edited:

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Definitely need to sell the rights to the Katzengarden to a title sponsor either for each game or annually to a name brand.
Suggest they place a medium sized LED screen up behind it (similar to a billboard so that it can alternate/ easily change), then sell the ability to place your brand on the screen for the duration of the game.
I don't care if its Silver Eagle, Bud Light, Brown Distro, Shiner Bock etc etc. Not only is it advertising to the fans in attendance, but it should be visible on TV too.

If its a donor level incentive, at that 3k/5k price level, that would make it hard to compete against benefits you get from the A/C, food and drink of the Champions club. I understand that they want to capitalize on revenue opportunities, however similar to the ticketing app thing, why complicate things when the above all objective is to get butts into the stadium. That doesn't mean that I'm against restrictions, just not so niche.

A few alternative approaches they may consider
  • Offer the space out to the TXST Fanatics ; incentivize students to join that group
    Down side: Robbing the student stands in one section to fill another
  • Offer the space out to alternating student groups or residence halls each game. Perhaps make it one of those participation awards for largest group to attend.
    Down side: See previous + might need to offer multiple groups at the same time and contend with groups that might not get along like two Fraternities. Might be too many student orgs to manage. (Stole this idea from my days at UF... there each Student group at each game would alternate the section they sat in based on Field closeness. Guaranteed each group would get a section annually at games that varied from front row upward to nose bleed)
  • Make it a Golden Corral- LOL; i.e. make it a place that you get catering included with an additional fee above your ticketed price.
    Down side: Already have this with the Gowens pavilion and you probably have to limit the access to the specific number of people to limit catering variability.
  • Sell the access to the Katzengarden as a standing room only section ticket like they do at the Spurs or Cowboys games.
    Down side: Can't think of any :unsure:

Might need to consider it as a hosting space for the ESPN GameDay Crew to set up for ;) when we go 12-0. LOL
No my idea is better because it benefits me 😆 Certain donation level gets you passes like Pavillion. Not all of us Diamond club level donors are in the club level. Not hard to hit with multiple tickets when your under the overhang and it’s 300 priority points for tickets

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
But I do agree with some of the previous posts to make some marketing money out of it. Also don’t want to take away from butts in seats. SRO only idea might work but would also take away from GA tickets if the price is too close. Maybe sell a season pass to it? Students are also going to want to be over there.
isn’t there supposed to be an additional smaller deck on 3rd level? Or will that be privately sold or for select donors

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
If its a donor level incentive, at that 3k/5k price level, that would make it hard to compete against benefits you get from the A/C, food and drink of the Champions club.
My suggestion for that level was based on how overcrowded the pavilion has become.

I would prefer they don't implement a restriction on the new Katzengarden and keep it the same as it used to be.

However, it is a larger space than the pavilion. Maybe flip the donor levels and make the pavilion the 3k/5k pregame location and the Katzengarden the lower level donor area open all game long.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
My suggestion for that level was based on how overcrowded the pavilion has become.

I would prefer they don't implement a restriction on the new Katzengarden and keep it the same as it used to be.

However, it is a larger space than the pavilion. Maybe flip the donor levels and make the pavilion the 3k/5k pregame location and the Katzengarden the lower level donor area open all game long.
I think last year Pavillion was at 1500 level