Game Day Experience

Jecbobcat

I'm not sure but it is odd that they find it ok to sell booze in their restaurant/club but not in the concessions.
I mean it's Baylor, if they can find a loophole to make a little extra $$, then they'll turn a blind eye.
It's run by two different companies, plus the admin wants to keep as much alcohol out of the mainstream as possible and out of students hands. It's more controlled in the clubs/suites.

The new arena will be the same, except for the 20 or so events the city of Waco they put on in the summer

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
I’m guessing he means it’s a moral contradiction. Baylor seems to think liquor is OK for some folks, but not for everyone.
This is the angle I was going for. If they are so high and mighty about alcohol, why allow it to be sold anywhere?

@Jecbobcat the City of Waco also helped fund McLane Stadium as there were supposed to be other, non-Baylor related events but that hasn't really happened. Which is why I think they should try to lure a bowl game here.

Jecbobcat

This is the angle I was going for. If they are so high and mighty about alcohol, why allow it to be sold anywhere?

@Jecbobcat the City of Waco also helped fund McLane Stadium as there were supposed to be other, non-Baylor related events but that hasn't really happened. Which is why I think they should try to lure a bowl game here.
I'd be down with it. My career has me very involved in Baylor Athletic Food and Beverage. I'm actually going to be in Waco for the next couple of days and the beginning of the year as a resource while opening the arena.

It's obvious how much of a difference alcohol sales would make there. It trumps any sales we do at any of our venues.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I'd be down with it. My career has me very involved in Baylor Athletic Food and Beverage. I'm actually going to be in Waco for the next couple of days and the beginning of the year as a resource while opening the arena.

It's obvious how much of a difference alcohol sales would make there. It trumps any sales we do at any of our venues.
Damn. I wanna get into your line of work

Jecbobcat

Damn. I wanna get into your line of work
Pretty sweet gig if I do say so myself... I office out of another large university stadium somewhere between San Marcos and Waco... Names aren't important. Although that's my main responsibility, I work with a few other big 12 schools as the DM I work with oversees them, and I enjoy helping out when needed