Official: Jayden de Laura has withdrawn from TXST

Paul Finch

Would we be ok with Gunner Gundy? He withdrew from Ohio earlier this week and is a free agent. 3 years at OK State and a coach's kid.

Colt Golden

How would a civil suit filing become public, do you know? I don't.

But I'm curious why there were zero references on the internet about the 2018 incident, juvenile case, and subsequent civil suit until things blew up in the spring of 2023?:

http://maroonandgolden.com/forum/index.php?threads/qb-jayden-de-laura.2410/post-92468
Civil suits and the court documents are most often available to the public. Judge can prevent it, but usually does not.

Had some acquaintances caught up in a ponzi scheme in fort bend county. Both the state filings and federal filings were available to the public.

GMAN

Would we be ok with Gunner Gundy? He withdrew from Ohio earlier this week and is a free agent. 3 years at OK State and a coach's kid.
My youngest is at OKST. Watching Gundy play QB1 in college was an exercise in holding your breath. Many times he looked nervous in pre-snap. He's a nice kid and not a locker room distraction, but not a good fit for GJ's offense.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Pretty sure he is the one stating he heard rumors of Hobert leaving.
You must have me confused with someone else. I have not heard anything about Hobert leaving.

I posted that to twitter before TXST's announcement that JDL was gone.

franslasttwinkie

My youngest is at OKST. Watching Gundy play QB1 in college was an exercise in holding your breath. Many times he looked nervous in pre-snap. He's a nice kid and not a locker room distraction, but not a good fit for GJ's offense.
That’s interesting you say that because ironically I think OKST might be a school that GJ would have on his short list of places to hop to with 2 more seasons better than the last. Guess it all depends how many more seasons the mullet wants to gamble before he is able to hang up the hat and go out on a positive legacy final season.

MR.E_BOBCAT

Whomever runs this Twitter account is a disgrace. The parent is correct: this was not just an “athletics” decision, parents are the biggest stakeholders for the program with the athletic fees. To the tune of $38M+ per year.

I’ve wondered who runs that account.

I’d also imagine large chunk of our students aren’t getting tuition paid by their parents

Last edited:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
I’ve wondered who runs that account.
I've already figured it out. The way that account posts seemed wayy too familiar to me. He writes the same way on his main account.

Did a little digging out of curiosity and that account not only follows the main I suspected, but also follows the obscure pod the main and someone else dabbled in for a minute. The Pod account quit posting around the same time that one was created too.

B

Bakertxst04

They're very angry about... everything. Like nearly every post is all caps with multiple !!