Official: Jayden de Laura has withdrawn from TXST

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Ignoring the player on the jersey but why does TXST not have any good merchandise like this? Our selection even through the school is so mediocre.
I actually think I saw a think recently where you could buy jerseys with players name on the back

bigred24

I actually think I saw a think recently where you could buy jerseys with players name on the back
Yeah, from what I saw they are no where near the actual football jerseys. They are 2005 middle school quality. Unless there are new ones that I had not seen.

bigred24

If they were selling a jersey of $100 quality for $100 would much of any proceeds really end up going to the player NIL? I get what you're saying though I'd rather spend $200 to get a jersey of $100 quality than spend $100 quality to get a knockoff low quality mesh-like jersey that they used to see to us when we kids in the 90s at Champs.
Agree. I dont even care if its a no name jersey that just had Bobcats on the back. But give me a quality game like jersey. Even just basic t shirts designs are so lame. I am not sure who designs that stuff but they need to hire someone else. Maybe someone a bit younger.

RockCat

That didn’t happen at Arizona or Wazzu. The fact of the matter is that our fanbase chose to crucify our only good coach over a possibly questionable decision to add a player with a bad past, and that forced their hand, for better or worse.

If people think Kinne’s decision, or the addition of a guy like JDL, is unique to Texas State football, then they’re ignorant about the reality of college football. Every major program has had guys with questionable character traits/criminal history, but have been given second chances. I’m not necessarily advocating for JDL, but that’s the reality.

The truth is that Kinne’s here to win football games and improve the program. He didn’t think a kid who is 6 years removed from allegations that had no impact on his standing at two other universities, would cause a long-suffering shithole fanbase like Texas State to call for his head. But here we are. I’m sure we’ll find another QB, we’ll probably still win a decent amount next year, and Kinne will be out the door, reasonably so.

At the very least we can all now let the sanctimonious crowd pat themselves on the back for a job well done. We now just need to find a new cause for our outrage so we can continue our self-righteous tirades on this forum. Don’t want things to get dull on here.
That didn’t happen at Arizona or Wazzu. The fact of the matter is that our fanbase chose to crucify our only good coach over a possibly questionable decision to add a player with a bad past, and that forced their hand, for better or worse.

If people think Kinne’s decision, or the addition of a guy like JDL, is unique to Texas State football, then they’re ignorant about the reality of college football. Every major program has had guys with questionable character traits/criminal history, but have been given second chances. I’m not necessarily advocating for JDL, but that’s the reality.

The truth is that Kinne’s here to win football games and improve the program. He didn’t think a kid who is 6 years removed from allegations that had no impact on his standing at two other universities, would cause a long-suffering shithole fanbase like Texas State to call for his head. But here we are. I’m sure we’ll find another QB, we’ll probably still win a decent amount next year, and Kinne will be out the door, reasonably so.

At the very least we can all now let the sanctimonious crowd pat themselves on the back for a job well done. We now just need to find a new cause for our outrage so we can continue our self-righteous tirades on this forum. Don’t want things to get dull on here.
Valid point that there are guys with questionable character on many FBS rosters. If questionable character means that someone was involved with dope, car theft, shoplifting, or any number of lousy activities when they were in high school, then yes, one could make the case that they were the product of a poor upbringing, got into a bad crowd, succumbed to peer pressure, or just made some terrible decisions. If they are working to turn things around, build a life, and be a contributor to society...then a second chance is a good thing and is rightly supported by most folks.

Sexual assault is an entirely different situation. Two people, simultaneously forcing sex on someone in a stairwell isn't quite akin selling weed or stealing an i-Pad. There's something going on there that I'm not sure ever goes away. Not wanting someone involved in sexual assault in our football program is not "sanctimonious" or "self-righteous". Yes, it's Kinne's job to build a program and hell yes, the fans, alum, and students want a winner; but there are far too many other roads and that will take us there without a sexual assault element.

BTW, "shithole" is an interesting word choice on your part to refer to the Texas State fanbase.

Last edited:

carmanjello325

If questionable character means that someone was involved with car theft or any number of lousy activities when they were in high school, then yes, one could make the case that they were the product of a poor upbringing, got into a bad crowd, succumbed to peer pressure, or just made some terrible decisions.
grand theft auto. wait what?🤔

carmanjello325

…the last pick of the 2024 transfer portal draft now goes to gary joe. bravo you virtue signalers yall were phenomenal. lets go get ourselves the next tim tebow choir boy im certain he will choose the 666 as their home to be heisman

Nauticat

That’s some crazy talk! I’ll just remain part of the “shit hole fan base” that’s proud to be a Bobcat w some morals! Maroon and Golden? Starting to sound more like the Orange and Blue where the fans are proudly chant fuck TXST! Let’s move on like JDL has. Hopefully his declaration to go pro will keep Joey here w us. There was some speculation that he would follow JDL. Thanks for the compliment BCR and I do appreciate things never getting dull around here!

TXST04

My parents got cussed out by random UTSA people at the game this year lol. Classy folks and big ol women over there.
A 50ish year old UTSA rando fan thought is was funny to ridicule my Daughter who is a TXST student as she exited the alamodome last year. It only happened because she got separated from our group inadvertently.
I was proud to see her put him in his place before the group caught up with her.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
That’s some crazy talk! I’ll just remain part of the “shit hole fan base” that’s proud to be a Bobcat w some morals! Maroon and Golden? Starting to sound more like the Orange and Blue where the fans are proudly chant fuck TXST! Let’s move on like JDL has. Hopefully his declaration to go pro will keep Joey here w us. There was some speculation that he would follow JDL. Thanks for the compliment BCR and I do appreciate things never getting dull around here!
I would take anything jello posts with a grain of salt.

I definitely hope this means Hobert sticks around!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
If Hatter is our starting QB come Sept, we're in for a sad season.