New Head Coach: GJ Kinne

BobcatRaider

you don’t actually believe he hasn’t told certain people who is coming with him do you? Just because he can’t answer that question publicly does not mean he is actually a one man show.
Of course, but those certain people still on UIW’s staff aren’t able to recruit full time for Texas State yet. My point is pretty simple to understand.

BobcatRaider

Look at who you’re arguing with @2centsworth, he will try and do mental gymnastics to cover for his 💩 take, then justify it by doubling down eventually down the road. Don’t feed the troll.

I particularly like how he completely skipped those contracts that Kinne had with Philly & went to “ESTIMATED” career earnings for the end of his career vs the actual contracts signed.🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂
You understand not all the money described in those “signed contracts” is guaranteed, right?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I particularly like how he completely skipped those contracts that Kinne had with Philly & went to “ESTIMATED” career earnings for the end of his career vs the actual contracts signed.🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂
NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and you only get paid for the time you're on the roster.

Stick to what you know

Bobcat1

You understand not all the money described in those “signed contracts” is guaranteed, right?
Yes, but signed contracts mean that…get this….you’re part of that NFL team. Hence you are considered an NFL player. He got paid for it too. But resident troll thinks Kinne doesn’t qualify because he “never set foot on a field.”

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
If a baseball player got a call up to the majors for a week and never played, would you call him a Major League player? No. You'd say he had a cup of coffee, or he got a call up. I'd be willing to bet if one asked Kinne if he was "an NFL player" he'd say something like, "Eh, kinda. I was on the 53 a couple times, but never saw the field."

Bobcat1

If a baseball player got a call up to the majors for a week and never played, would you call him a Major League player? No. You'd say he had a cup of coffee, or he got a call up. I'd be willing to bet if one asked Kinne if he was "an NFL player" he'd say something like, "Eh, kinda. I was on the 53 a couple times, but never saw the field."
Once again, a jackass saying jackass things. Yes, anyone that gets a call up is….wait for it….a Major League Player. They got PAID for it. That’s the very definition of an MLB player. Only in your sick, twisted mind is someone’s accomplishment of that nature something to belittle.

Bobcat1

Let's just agree he was on a NFL teams payroll and he got paid much less than his contract could have paid based on his involvement.
I completely agree with that, the sticking point was resident troll saying Kinne is not considered an NFL player since he was practice squad only. Which is dumb. Out of thousands of collegiate athletes, Kinne garnered enough interests with his abilities to get paid doing what he loved at the highest level of football. He was an NFL QB.

John Dutton

Very possible Kinne starts full time by Saturday. Sacramento State is 12-0 including a 31 point win over Colorado State. I want Kinne to go as far as possible in the playoffs because that’d be a great sign, but I also want him to put a staff together and start recruiting full time. It’s a crucial time to work the portal and build the roster and being a “one man show” with additional UIW obligations isn’t easy.
It will be interesting to see how he plays against a team that is deemed to be superior because that’s where he will be next year. We will see if he runs draws on 3rd and 10.

Bobkat34

Guys... This is still how I feel about the hire until he can show he can make better decisions than Jake (play calling aligns with talent, decision making in getting points over always going for it on 4th down, and putting players in position to make big plays).

Video from outside on GJ Kinne Hire: Link

If we can't meet/match Eric Morris demands and maybe/possibly Keeler, what were our realistic options? Same can be said for maybe Tulsa? Did they really want to go with a 1 year HC at a more established DI football program (playing DI longer, had success in past when Kinne was there, etc...)

I wanna get on board but I won't until I see his coaching staff (again lets be real, we can't match other DI programs for HCs so how can we for Asst. Coaches, really?) and how they recruit this cycle. I've already been discussing that in my post on roster and needs we likely have. Then on to see how his offense fits our team next season.

He has 1 thing no other coach has had since moving to DI... University Leadership and Athletic Administration ALIGNED. So he will have no excuses other than he didn't get facilities until maybe year 2 or 3.

Voltronjacko

So one random dipshit on youtube with a 1:30 video causes doubt? F that. I've seen way more positive responses than negative.

Look, none of us has a bit of influence in who our coach is. So all we can ask for is that as a program, we start to get more things right than not (competitive pay, assistance coaching pay, facilities, AD support, winning games, increasing attendance, donors, positive national recognition, etc.) On the surface, we are trending in the right direction. Until I have a reason to doubt the current structure/coaches/AD, etc., I'll be supportive. We all recognized a change was needed, it happened; let's see what the future holds.

Bobkat34

So one random dipshit on youtube with a 1:30 video causes doubt? F that. I've seen way more positive responses than negative.

Look, none of us has a bit of influence in who our coach is. So all we can ask for is that as a program, we start to get more things right than not (competitive pay, assistance coaching pay, facilities, AD support, winning games, increasing attendance, donors, positive national recognition, etc.) On the surface, we are trending in the right direction. Until I have a reason to doubt the current structure/coaches/AD, etc., I'll be supportive. We all recognized a change was needed, it happened; let's see what the future holds.
I'm not here to question the hire but we already know we can't afford what most SBC schools can (someone posted that on the boards). It is likely same issue for Asst. Coaches as well as our football budgets for recruiting and other things.

I just am not buying the "great hire" and we found our guy when the 2 that were mentioned first have done it longer and the second gave Kinne already a solid team that he only had to bring in 9 signees (3-4 TR by the way) and key was the QB. It seems more like we made a "good hire" with the money we can offer (rumor was E. Morris wanted more money; can you blame him as he has Ward for 2 more years at Washington St. and can likely get a bigger gig if he waits) and facilities coming. Nothing has been mentioned why Keeler didn't get an in person interview and that is fine. AD made his choice and better deliver. His job could be on the line too.

We'll see.

franslasttwinkie

I don't know that DC's gig will be on the line anytime soon. If he and KD are really even just half as buddy buddy as is projected to the public eye I think Kinne has until his 3rd season to get 8 wins before DC gets shown the door. I'd like to be wrong about it and that DC's job really is at stake so that it keeps him putting pressure on football and basketball to get with it immediately.