New Head Coach: GJ Kinne

Bobcat1

Are you really going to refer to him as an NFL QB? He was a practice squad/emergency 3rd QB who never once stepped foot on the field.

View attachment 3997
Don’t sniff glue kids, otherwise you’ll think someone who is part of an NFL team is not considered a good player. Yes, practice squads & 3rd stringers are….wait for it….NFL players part of an NFL team & even get paid for their services.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
you’ll think someone who is part of an NFL team is not considered a good player.
Not what I posted in any way, shape or form, but good try. I thought I was on ignore? Was your life too good?

BobcatRaider

Very possible Kinne starts full time by Saturday. Sacramento State is 12-0 including a 31 point win over Colorado State. I want Kinne to go as far as possible in the playoffs because that’d be a great sign, but I also want him to put a staff together and start recruiting full time. It’s a crucial time to work the portal and build the roster and being a “one man show” with additional UIW obligations isn’t easy.

Cardale’s tutor

M&G Gift Contributor
Very possible Kinne starts full time by Saturday. Sacramento State is 12-0 including a 31 point win over Colorado State. I want Kinne to go as far as possible in the playoffs because that’d be a great sign, but I also want him to put as staff together and start recruiting full time. It’s a crucial time to work the portal and build the roster and being a “one man show” with additional UIW obligations isn’t easy.
He ain't a one man show rn, I can assure you.

But concur with your point about being conflicted.

Bobcat1

Very possible Kinne starts full time by Saturday. Sacramento State is 12-0 including a 31 point win over Colorado State. I want Kinne to go as far as possible in the playoffs because that’d be a great sign, but I also want him to put a staff together and start recruiting full time. It’s a crucial time to work the portal and build the roster and being a “one man show” with additional UIW obligations isn’t easy.
(Sarcasm) But I thought people said he didn’t do anything at UIW and his assistants were the real ones who run the show? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

BobcatRaider

He ain't a one man show rn, I can assure you.

But concur with your point about being conflicted.
Then please assure me. Haha

Outside of possibly Leftwich, we don’t know anyone who will be on his staff, and even if others have a handshake deal in place, we don’t know if they’re recruiting full time. Making things official with 11+ coaches & staff working together under one roof is astronomically better than the current situation. Staying at UIW for the remainder of the season was the right thing to do, but I’m ready to start the lofty rebuild.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Damn man, he hasn't even started yet and you're already calling him a loser! /s

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Are you really going to refer to him as an NFL QB? He was a practice squad/emergency 3rd QB who never once stepped foot on the field.

View attachment 3997

I don't know all the details of his NFL career, but I did see he signed a contract for 2 years with Philly for ~$1MM. I would think he made at least $2MM during his career. Pre NIL, only the NFL paid that type of money for players.

franslasttwinkie

Very possible Kinne starts full time by Saturday. Sacramento State is 12-0 including a 31 point win over Colorado State.
Right now Caesar's has UIW as only a 7.5 pt dog at very much an away game. That's very doable. 50 degree forecast with maybe rain. 70 in Cali can feel cold at night there, so 50 if rain comes is pretty brutal on a passing attack.

I've never seen or heard of a Sac Honet fan so maybe with private school alumni money some UIW folks will trickle in...

Bobcat1

I don't know all the details of his NFL career, but I did see he signed a contract for 2 years with Philly for ~$1MM. I would think he made at least $2MM during his career. Pre NIL, only the NFL paid that type of money for players.
Don’t know about you, but I would love to get paid $200K+ per year and I’d happily “never set foot” on a field.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
you don’t actually believe he hasn’t told certain people who is coming with him do you? Just because he can’t answer that question publicly does not mean he is actually a one man show.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Might want to look into that a little further.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Might want to look into that a little further.

View attachment 4000
he was in the league for 6 seasons. here is what I found for years 2016-2018. Looks like my $2MM estimate is closer to $1.2MM. Still pro money.

Bobcat1

he was in the league for 6 seasons. here is what I found for years 2016-2018. Looks like my $2MM estimate is closer to $1.2MM. Still pro money.

View attachment 4002
Look at who you’re arguing with @2centsworth, he will try and do mental gymnastics to cover for his 💩 take, then justify it by doubling down eventually down the road. Don’t feed the troll.

I particularly like how he completely skipped those contracts that Kinne had with Philly & went to “ESTIMATED” career earnings for the end of his career vs the actual contracts signed.🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂

Last edited: