Search results

1. franslasttwinkie

TXST Musical Theater Chasing #1 in Nation

Admittedly the thespian fine arts aren’t usually my 1st choice for free time but this is awesome! If you’ve never caught a show at the Glade outdoor theater I recommend putting it on your bucket list. I saw Midnight Summers Dream there back in maybe 08’ or so and it was incredible. Does anyone...
  2. franslasttwinkie

SBC 🥎 Regional Play

5/16 3PM CST on ESPNU vs Penn State
  3. franslasttwinkie

Softball Hosting a Regional?

Trauth and Teis aren’t around anymore like they were in their easy chairs for 2022’s baseball run when we were within striking distance to host a regional. Bids were due last weekend to host a softball regional. Any idea if Kelly Damphousse and Don Coryell got together to put together a bid...
  4. franslasttwinkie

Dorm Evacuation 1/29/24

Guess there isn’t a thread for public safety.
  5. franslasttwinkie

Ineligibility Tracker

19/23 5 win teams scores should be pretty much in the books before the new 6PM CST USA amended kick time. The team’s score that is playing the 5 win team will be listed first, so in Layman’s cross your finger and hope that first score listed is higher. Mods @JustinS09 feel free to make real...
  6. franslasttwinkie

At the hump but just can’t get over it? New Athletic Director

It’s in all sports WBB/volleyball/ baseball/football all at the hump but just can’t seem to get over it with internal hire Don Coryell after his food and beverage distribution in the stands trial period at games. Who are hiring alternatives?
  7. franslasttwinkie

What’s in your glass this last away game?

Not worthy of its own thread but don’t sense a lot of excitement today like there was after Georgia Southern or after USM. What’s in your glass in next hour? If you’re waiting until the 3PM EST kick you’re too late.
  8. franslasttwinkie

How important was it to not pickup 5th straight UTSA L?

Would you rather win more games and have lost to UTSA or won less games but still beat UTSA?
  9. franslasttwinkie

Jimmy Buffett Appreciation Thread

Say what you want about his flat vocals, dude was a legend. -Kappa Sig ‘65, Auburn -USM
  10. franslasttwinkie

Let’s get this going again

TEXAS!!!!
  11. franslasttwinkie

Week 0

Vegas Insider: Notre Dame vs Navy +20.5 UTEP - Jax St +1 UMASS - NMSU -7 SDSU - Ohio +2.5 Vandy - Hawaii +17.5 USC - SJSU +30.5 LT - FIU +12.5 UCF - Kent +37 Other than Navy, Ohio and FIU who is everyone else rooting for outright?
  12. franslasttwinkie

Baylor Pregame Discussion

It's August and although we would be jumping the gun past fall camp not having even started, I thought it would be very Taxi-esq to skip forward to Baylor. Let's talk Baylor, who is going to be under center at opening kickoff? SP+ has us unofficially at +29.3. Vegas Insider has us somewhere...
  13. franslasttwinkie

NE Dallas Terrorism Massacre

All my prayers and thoughts out to all of our DFW bobcats friends and family.
  14. franslasttwinkie

Reset of Preseason Expectations

What should be our expectations going forward? We’ve kind of seen up to this point what we are going to see. Like @_x_ mentioned our cupboards look a lot more bare what was originally thought and it is clear this won’t look anything like like last season’s results and hopefully not like 2021...
  15. franslasttwinkie

TCU Game Thread

3/14 6PM @ Bobcat Ballpark on the Plus TXST has won 3 of the last 4 played including a pair of games in SMTX and one in Ft Worth. The last 2 meetings saw Bobcats and Horned Frogs swap run rules against each other in one of our worst seasons in program history. TCU leads the series 25 - 14...
  16. franslasttwinkie

Mid Major Non-Conf Thread

2/24-26 ORU (4-0 over NIU) 2/28, 5/2 @UIW (1-2 vs SIUE) 26-11 all-time 3/1 SHSU (2-1 vs URI) 53-53 all-time 3/3-5 @GCU (2-1 vs UCSD/Tenn/Mich) 3/7, 4/18 UTSA (2-1 vs Tarleton) 61-38 all-time 3/10-12 vs NDSU (1-3 vs SacSt) 3-0 all-time 3/21 TAMUCC (2-1 vs UTA) 31-10 all-time 3/22 HCU (0-3 UTRGV)...
  17. franslasttwinkie

Never-Too-Early Northwestern Series Thread

Series is just about 5 weeks away now and will be here before we know it. Should be the 1st series or even game for that matter played between the 2 schools ever. Note: If trend continues Wood should get the start Friday night unless they decide to go with Wells TXST is 17-5 vs Big 10...
  18. franslasttwinkie

Fan Engagement

What's the winning percentage in football games you've attended as a post grad? Average point margin of victory/defeat per game attended? 10-15%; average margin of defeat -19.
  19. franslasttwinkie

G5 HC Pay

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I5q_yHK8v5CI8Vv320RkrQBqKl1Nutgdt91SivYE9a8/edit?usp=sharing I don't think it is all updated and does not include App or FAU but gives you a pretty good idea of where we need to be with the next HC if we actually want our pickings regardless of whether or...
  20. franslasttwinkie

Softball Schedule Released

18 OOC home games including the first 16 until we play away in March and then 3 in Austin. Pretty soft SOS for the gals that sat out last post season with a 50 RPI. 2023 Softball Schedule - Texas State Athletics (txst.com)