2020-2021 Deer Season

GolfCat

Did a little management this past weekend. Six culls hit the cooler. Ratchet head 6's and 8's that needed to be thinned from the herd. Snap rattlers were out Sat evening. My brother killed one, ranch manager killed one and I let my nieces boyfriend dispatch this one. Did get some tape of a really great deer that is off limits for this year. 20201003_195213.jpg20201004_201438.jpg

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Good stuff. Sounds like y’all put in some solid herd management this weekend. I’d say that’s a good one to let walk this year. How many years have y’all been watching him?

GolfCat

Good stuff. Sounds like y’all put in some solid herd management this weekend. I’d say that’s a good one to let walk this year. How many years have y’all been watching him?
Several years. I need to go back a few years and look at video. I'm thinking I have some tape of him from 2017.

LSU Bobcat

Did a little management this past weekend. Six culls hit the cooler. Ratchet head 6's and 8's that needed to be thinned from the herd. Snap rattlers were out Sat evening. My brother killed one, ranch manager killed one and I let my nieces boyfriend dispatch this one. Did get some tape of a really great deer that is off limits for this year. View attachment 1046View attachment 1047
Now that's one hell of a weekend!

GolfCat

I'm headed to the ranch with kiddos on Friday. Just found out their Paw Paw is driving up there too so looks like I will get to bow hunt at least one sit or two for does.
Good luck. Hope you get to let the air out of a slickhead or two.

Charcon

Excited. I have spent the last 3-4 years not getting to hunt with kids in HS and college ball I had not gotten to hunt. Have our own ranch and haven’t been hunting! Got my bow tuned up and ready to stick a few!

GolfCat

Excited. I have spent the last 3-4 years not getting to hunt with kids in HS and college ball I had not gotten to hunt. Have our own ranch and haven’t been hunting! Got my bow tuned up and ready to stick a few!
Time to start letting the air out of some critters.

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Report: Hot and dusty. I was able to get one hunt in with Daughter in tripod. Of course no doe and no axis. Pretty much every elusive buck on ranch came in haha. I guess that’s the way it goes. Oh and I saw our bobcats took a step back in Withers era to relive sucking a big nut. What’s up with that?

GolfCat

Report: Hot and dusty. I was able to get one hunt in with Daughter in tripod. Of course no doe and no axis. Pretty much every elusive buck on ranch came in haha. I guess that’s the way it goes. Oh and I saw our bobcats took a step back in Withers era to relive sucking a big nut. What’s up with that?
At least you saw some bucks. I didn't make it down this weekend. Our ranch mgr. said it was 103 yesterday in Tilden. Kind of glad I didn't go.

Oh, yes the 'Cats sucked a big one yesterday. I only watched the 4th qtr.

GolfCat

Made it to the ranch this past weekend to do some pest control; was only able to take down one hog.
KAP!! My daughter refers to them as "overgrown rats that need to be exterminated". She came up with that when she was about 9yrs old after she killed a sow with 9 babies in her.

GolfCat

Made a trip last weekend to do more management. Killed a couple more cull 8's in the 114" range. My brother had a couple of Dr's. in from Houston and we were able to get them on a couple of nice management deer. First one is a 146" ten and the other is a 164" nine tiner. Not sure why the nine didn't rub his velvet completely off. It's almost like he didn't even try to rub at all. If he were mine I would have the taxi (not BC1 :) )peel the velvet and stain the antlers. I think he would make a nice mount if that were done. Sorry about the poor pics without the hunters in them. 20201018_095819.jpg20201018_095834.jpg20201018_095846.jpg