2022 SBC Tournament

geezer

Did you notice that he finally put in 21 on the back row after we were down 22-18?

Wasted his best chance for NCAA tournament play!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
No clue, but the screenshot of the map makes me think the team bussed to Foley instead of flew. If that's true, then what the fucking fuck?

slycat

I am sure it is funds for recruiting or assistant coaches. If football was the worst funded for recruiting then volleyball must be some gas coupons and some prayers.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
It reads like an excuse for the loss, which is an embarrassing tone to begin with. If they really are travelling by bus, that's bush league af, but it's also not the reason they lost - they were there since Monday. It's not like they drove in Friday morning. You also can't blame recruiting budgets or assistant coaching salaries when you have the roster we do. It's cringey at best.

"My heart breaks for this team. They competed so hard, but we just couldn't get things to fall our way. Kudos to James Madison for how they served and put the pressure on us and slowed our offense down. As I told the team, this loss doesn't define us or our season: we won our division for the sixth straight year, and we played in our sixth straight championship match. We have no reason to hang our heads."

slycat

It reads like an excuse for the loss, which is an embarrassing tone to begin with. If they really are travelling by bus, that's bush league af, but it's also not the reason they lost - they were there since Monday. It's not like they drove in Friday morning. You also can't blame recruiting budgets or assistant coaching salaries when you have the roster we do. It's cringey at best.

"My heart breaks for this team. They competed so hard, but we just couldn't get things to fall our way. Kudos to James Madison for how they served and put the pressure on us and slowed our offense down. As I told the team, this loss doesn't define us or our season: we won our division for the sixth straight year, and we played in our sixth straight championship match. We have no reason to hang our heads."

I am just guessing at what KD sees as the difference. Volleyball is one of the areas we actually recruit well. JMU did recently create their own volleyball space after building a new basketball arena and volleyball took over the old space as their own. I know folks here have complained about facilities being shared for a while. But the program is still great and recruits well in spite of that as well.