2022 Season: One Last Time Around the Block

franslasttwinkie

What a freaking crock. Colorado, Georgia, Pepperdine, LMU, LSU, UNI, South Dakota all go (I'm sure a few of those are auto bids but still). At least Don Coryell can't hang his hat on women's athletics now like Larry did and could be part of the rationale to get rid of DC. What a very Merry Christmas to all. JMU was a #22 RPI and couldn't even get a regional 6, 7 or even 8. Complete SBC disrespect

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Gotcha. They had super regional 2 seed RPI and ended up a 3 seed. 21 RPI and should be playing someone more in the high 30s, low 40s RPI, not 26.

geezer

Heh,heh, NO SEC, NO BIG 10!
Guess UT will be the most talented and probably should be favored to win it all.

LTK5H, what's the result of your study on serving? I think service errors cost Oregon a win yesterday.
I watched all the games and it seemed that the big SE after the score was in the twenties cost many teams dearly.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I didn't get to watch any matches yesterday w/ all the other games on, and our company Xmas dinner. Had Texas/tOSU on for about 1/2 a set while I was getting ready.

As a blanket statement, errors cost wins, especially in the 20s, no question about it.

Bullcat

It will be difficult to replicate the roster that has been responsible for the program's accomplishments over the last five seasons. Hopefully, the recruiting is up to the task.

Much like softball, the schools in Texas compete for national championships in volleyball. The High Plains school discussion is usually centered on another university, but congratulations are in order for the Division II National Champions in Volleyball - West Texas A&M.

Lady Buffs Finish First in Final AVCA Coaches Poll - West Texas A&M University Athletics (gobuffsgo.com)

Trinity was the national runner-up in In Division III.

Tiger Volleyball Finishes 2022 Ranked Second by AVCA - Trinity University (trinitytigers.com)

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I know some of y'all are watching this tonight. San Diego came to play! Not scared of Texas one bit. This is some fun ball! Crazy rallies!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
So this is obviously a bummer, but I can see Caitlan not wanting to be the lone upperclassman leading a complete reload. Wish her the best whererever she lands - she's given more than enough to this program. 114 matches, 2 SBC Championships and an NCAA win.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Texas and Louisville in the finals.
I guess the best two talents going at it.
Hoping for five sets.
Horns just too good. Felt like they had it won coming out of the regionals when Wisconsin and Stanford were upset. Look forward to congratulating Coach Elliott next time I see him at HEB.

9 for Louisville is ridiculous doing what she's doing at only 6' tall.

geezer

Your assessment is correct. I was particularly happy to see Wisconsin eliminated with that giant
they had at middle blocker. Also glad the P5 conferences showed they were beatable.

Good year for volleyball. Hoping HCSH can reload.