2023/2024 Schedule

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Yeah feels weird that they're now a P5 game for us. I remember that time we hosted them and beat them as a Southland team.... wow times have changed. Our basketball has marginally improved and theirs has skyrocketed.

carmanjello325

kd is going to hold an honorary phd ceremony for musk after enrolling him in a couple of online classes. we should have some of his writeoffs coming in the mail before we know it

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Thought this was a good read. It's no secret SBC basketball lags well behind football and especially baseball. Glad to see the league is considering mandates to improve non-conference scheduling. It's been terrible, and really we're one of the bigger offenders. If the teams in this league keep scheduling games with a small-time mentality the league will continue to be a small-time league. The idea of more D1 home games excites me greatly.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
That is a good read and glad they are looking at things. I’m not sure I see us doing away with the buy game, but we only had two home D1 games last year while hosting three non D1 teams. Pathetic. I get the buy game. I guess I can get hosting a non D1 team. But I can’t get hosting three. TJ and Bennie are close Sampson (Bennie worked under him for a decade) so assuming Houston will continue to be a regular opponent.

slycat

The sub D1 games don't affect NET so I assume they will keep some of them. Glad the SBC is working to force the conference to improve overall. The SBC NET rating is terrible for a conference that is trying to grow into a legit G5 in other sports.

BobcatBuddy96

Good for the SBC, we've been saying on here for years about our weak ooc games.
Next is how do we entice more D1 schools to have h/h with us.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Good - I hope it slides into that Christmas break area it has been in the past. Usually a lot of Bobcats at that game.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Pretty sure that was on our side, not theirs. We are an easy home W for them and bring in more fans than the out of state schools in that slot the past couple of years. Crazy that we've only played them once (2021) since 2014 after 10 straight years of games.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I heard that too (that we [Kasper primarily] was the one that didn't want to continue that series). I get @Bobcat2013's point though. It's annoying we played them every year when we were abysmal, then when we were pretty decent from '16-'22 we never played them. Now that we seem to be regressing again we all of a sudden want to play them again...

vp98

We played them in 2020 with Harrell and Asberry and had this result. Not very good result or attendance. I remember watching the game on LHN and it was terrible. Neither side wanted to see a dumpster fire like that again so we stopped playing each other.

vp98

Actually, I think this is the dumpster fire I was thinking about. Time goes by fast when you get old.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Looks like the UT site has the wrong date and it was 2020, not 2021
Neither side wanted to see a dumpster fire like that again so we stopped playing each other.
I'll never understand how some of you just make up nonsense in your head and then post it as fact. wtf?

Please take a look at the scores posted above. In those 13 games, the 21pt loss you reference as being so bad neither side wanted nothing to do with the other is the 4th closest margin of scoring between the two. It is 5+pts lower than the average margin. In 2014 we only scored 27 points TOTAL - not in a half, in a full game. In 1994 we lost by 45pts.