2023/2024 Schedule

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
This whole scheduling alliance is an effort for both leagues to improve NET ratings of their top teams. Reason we got a low NET team is cause we were a lower NET team. IF we have a high NET rating in January we'll get a home game with a MAC team with a high NET rating too. If we're hovering around 200 though we'll get another lower rated team.

Basically the entire league is involved top-to-bottom (aside from 2 SBC teams since we have 14 teams to their 12), but the alliance is really designed to help the top teams. For the bottom teams its just another game, but given our issues scheduling quality D1 non-conference games this will be better than a couple more Mary Hardin-Baylors and Texas Lutherans like we like to do when given the reigns to schedule on our own...

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
We play all the West teams twice and don’t play ODU (Basketball they don’t do divisions). Last year we played everyone on the east once and only played Southern Miss once from the west side.

Just a one game difference but like this setup better. Rather play all the closer teams H/A and drop an opponent from the other side, even if bball standings show just one table.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Don't we usually play more than 2 non D1 games? I feel like its normally 3 or 4 but I don't really care enough to look it up.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
It's been 3 for at least the last couple of years. they were supposed to move back to two last year, but I forget the reasoning everyone was given another waiver by the conference.

carmanjello325

you guys seriously need to relax. what more do youall want from the university? despite a losing record in a not very good conference we clawed out 3 games in the ncaa conference tournament all while beating a p5 team that ended on a 16 game losing streak. we return very little of that production. we will be just fine plus you have to be in a very cold climate to get a great mbb team. notice that there was only a single school from the hot state of florida in the top 50 net ranking