2023-24 Sun Belt

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Worst loss of the season. By a pretty wide margin. Gotta just flush this one and move on, but ceiling not looking too high this year. We'll win some games, cause other than a really good JMU team App is about the only other semi-good team in the league as the SBC looks pretty down this year, but not looking good.

Ice has to be getting fairly thin I'd think at this point for TJ? Really good first few seasons (if you exclude the post-seasons which were disasters) but things have gone south in a hurry. He was smart to not change too much philosophy-wise from what Kaspar did, but recruiting just hasn't been there since Kaspar left. And here we are. Injuries have certainly played a role, but I'm not sure just how much better we'd be at full strength. Almost feel bad for Gumbs having so much on his plate as a true freshman. You'd think after that one down year Kaspar had that was highly driven by PG injuries we'd learn you really need at least 3 true PGs, but guess not.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Beach Chickens for the 8 point Win.

I miss the ’stache.
Yeah winning is fun. Live 15-20 minutes from Strahan/BCS/Bobcat ballpark, passes to Castro club, and basketball parking pass (not even sure where that is anymore) and have yet to make it to a bball game. Still plan to eventually at least 1 but has been low priority

Poseidon

It was nice to see Sykes tonight. Got to talk to him and he is a nice young man. He thinks when Morgan gets back and Benson gets his legs underneath him they will make a nice run during the 2nd half of the season. If anyone of you was at the game my niece was the person who won the pizza topping throwing contest.

Youdude07

It was nice to see Sykes tonight. Got to talk to him and he is a nice young man. He thinks when Morgan gets back and Benson gets his legs underneath him they will make a nice run during the 2nd half of the season. If anyone of you was at the game my niece was the person who won the pizza topping throwing contest.
If they can get healthy they can make a run. Do I see them winning the SBC absolutely not, but should be competitive once Morgan gets back and Drinnon? Benson is a good shooter but the Defense isn't there. Gumbs is getting better every game. I hope he sticks around.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Marshall comes to Strahan tomorrow, which means Nate Martin (who transferred there in the off-season) will make his return to San Marcos.

Did we ever figure out why he transferred? Looks like he's having a great year. 8 double-doubles is 7th in the country. Averaging 11.1 PPG, 9.5 RPG, and 1.6 BPG. That annoys me. Seems like we could really use him this year. Fully expect him to dominate us

Youdude07

Marshall comes to Strahan tomorrow, which means Nate Martin (who transferred there in the off-season) will make his return to San Marcos.

Did we ever figure out why he transferred? Looks like he's having a great year. 8 double-doubles is 7th in the country. Averaging 11.1 PPG, 9.5 RPG, and 1.6 BPG. That annoys me. Seems like we could really use him this year. Fully expect him to dominate us
Marshall is a more run and gun team. They have the D'Antoni coaching tree. Wish he was still here though.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Brandon Love having a great game so far shooting 6/6 with 3 dunks and 13 points with still 8 min left in the 1st. Cats up 11 early. Good gameplan to focus on getting the ball in the paint. Marshall will adjust I'm sure, we'll see if we can handle the adjustment.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Well already not handling the adjustments great. 40-37 TXST at the half. Love leading the way with 15.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Got back up 12 out of the gate of the second half then it was pitiful. That Dawson inbound pass to Benson was awful out of a timeout

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Held double-digit leads in both halves and still found a way to lose. Ouch.

Career high for Love, but he got the bulk of those points in the first 12 min of the game. Once Marshall adjusted we couldn't come up with another gameplan that consistently worked. 4-game losing streak, 0-3 start to conference play, 6-9 overall, and 4-9 vs. D1 competition. Not great.

SagewoodCat

Yeah winning is fun. Live 15-20 minutes from Strahan/BCS/Bobcat ballpark, passes to Castro club, and basketball parking pass (not even sure where that is anymore) and have yet to make it to a bball game. Still plan to eventually at least 1 but has been low priority
Let me know if you don’t want those tickets 👀 happy to be apart of the dozen in the crowd!

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Missed this one. It’s getting bad quick. Have to go back to 2019, final game of the season, where we scored 80+ and lost.