2024 Outlook…

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
I would too, but I see the path. We have a much easier schedule than last year and our toughest opponents are rebuilding. Plus, we get them at home.

We have negatives that we probably didn't have when that account was putting that list together. The QB question mark and WR coach are new developments.

We're obviously going to need to add a couple portal QBs over the spring, but Kinne proved he could do it last year and I have full faith he does it again.

atxman

With today’s news about McCloud, I’m even more excited about what September is going to be like in Bobcat Stadium. Given the carryover excitement from 2023, I could see attendance for Lamar, UTSA and Arizona State each being 25,000+, with UTSA an almost certain sellout and Arizona State at least close to it. And imagine if the team is good enough to finish the month 4-0. Honestly, I haven’t been this enthusiastic about an upcoming season in many, many years.

Bobcat1

With today’s news about McCloud, I’m even more excited about what September is going to be like in Bobcat Stadium. Given the carryover excitement from 2023, I could see attendance for Lamar, UTSA and Arizona State each being 25,000+, with UTSA an almost certain sellout and Arizona State at least close to it. And imagine if the team is good enough to finish the month 4-0. Honestly, I haven’t been this enthusiastic about an upcoming season in many, many years.
Barring injury or any major drama, this could be the year that tops the 2005 season in wins and hype.

I’m really excited about this season now. Hopefully the Bobcat curse of 2015 (major injuries imploding the team to a 3-9 season) doesn’t rear its ugly head. That team had legit 10 win potential before we were down to our fourth string Center, third string Dlineman, third string CBs, etc etc.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Coming off of the 2014 the hype of for the home opener against PVAMU got like 24k. I could definitely see us getting 25k for Lamar. I feel like this is a whole nother level of hype than we had in 2015

Bobcat94

Troy game could be the difference between 11-1 or 12-0 with the S. Ala game being a problem game due to the hype going into the conference championship and potentially the playoffs. This feeling reminds me of 2005. The feeling during the hurricane game against ATM was damn, this team is good. I got that feeling now before the season starts. We need one more QB in the QB room. I'd love to have a no doubter back up ready to move into QB1 role with a few years remaining on his eligibility.