2024 Recruiting

atxman

Bradley George was on the same roster as Barrick Nealy. Back to back career passing leaders.

Ewers is on the same roster as Arch Manning & Trey Owens.

Cam Newton was on the same roster as Tim Tebow.

Major Applewhite & Chris Simms.

Those are just off the top of my head.

If McCloud goes down, we don’t have anyone waiting in the wings. That’s bad QB recruiting.
For crying out loud. In the cases of Nealy/George, Newton/Tebow, Applewhite/Sims, those were in a very different era in which players rarely transferred in search of a place a place to start. As for Ewers/Manning, surely you’re not suggesting TXST has anywhere near the cachet of a school like UT that can hold on to kids who could start virtually anywhere else. After all, Ewers is a transfer himself. You have assigned a ridiculous standard to a coaching staff that’s been here for little over a year but has already made big strides in both recruitng and wins. It’s as if you seriously want to find a reason to shit on them, but for reasons I can’t figure.

Bobcat87

For crying out loud. In the cases of Nealy/George, Newton/Tebow, Applewhite/Sims, those were in a very different era in which players rarely transferred in search of a place a place to start. As for Ewers/Manning, surely you’re not suggesting TXST has anywhere near the cachet of a school like UT that can hold on to kids who could start virtually anywhere else. After all, Ewers is a transfer himself. You have assigned a ridiculous standard to a coaching staff that’s been here for little over a year but has already made big strides in both recruitng and wins. It’s as if you seriously want to find a reason to shit on them, but for reasons I can’t figure.
“… reasons you can’t figure.” Seriously ?

Haven’t you figured out that BC 1 operates on the Principle that he’s the smartest guy in the room. Smarter than all the Professional Coaches we pay to actually evaluate players/talent. Smarter than all our players, and certainly smarter than everyone else who bothers to post here.
Why, if the team would just listen to him we’d be National Champions every year. Our QB’s would graduate straight to the NFL, because everyone of BC 1’s QB picks naturally possess NFL arms.
Kinne and his Staff, a bunch of “Know Nothings“ next to BC 1. Don’t believe it, just ask him, he’ll tell you ad nauseam.

Last edited:

Mpf43

Only taxi would suggest a coaching staff that recruited the all time passing yards leader in a season, their first year and the conference poy their second year is missing out on recruiting qb’s?

Bobcat1

Only taxi would suggest a coaching staff that recruited the all time passing yards leader in a season, their first year and the conference poy their second year is missing out on recruiting qb’s?
What happened to said passing leader again? Oh, yeah…he wears a different uniform now. 🧐

I guess you are right, you could make a case that they’ve now whiffed on eight, not seven, signal callers.

Bobcat1

It’s as if you seriously want to find a reason to shit on them, but for reasons I can’t figure.
I just point out deficiencies long before you guys ravenously turn on coaches you loved and admired like Withers & Spav. It’s funny that the only guys you 💩 on early on (Wright, Fran) ended up delivering winning seasons, while the ones who were cellar dwellers you guys went to bat for until the proof was in the pudding.

It’s almost as if I can recognize winners long before others can, particularly in the player dept. 🧐🤔

Mpf43

I just point out deficiencies long before you guys ravenously turn on coaches you loved and admired like Withers & Spav. It’s funny that the only guys you 💩 on early on (Wright, Fran) ended up delivering winning seasons, while the ones who were cellar dwellers you guys went to bat for until the proof was in the pudding.

It’s almost as if I can recognize winners long before others can, particularly in the player dept. 🧐🤔
You have wiffed in the player dept for as long as i can remember.

franslasttwinkie

I just point out deficiencies long before you guys ravenously turn on coaches you loved and admired like Withers & Spav.
Nope there’s not a single receipt out there that ever shows I was in support of either hire from the jump. After the first 3 games of each coach you knew how the remaining 80 games of their tenures were doing to play out.

When Withers best skill position player recruit in 4 cycles was Keenan Brown you knew there was going to be big issues.

Bobcat1

probably why GJ is still purging all those whiffed spav guys. I am kind of new here, but it is hard to take a "real" TXST fan serious when they trot out that so called Bobcat motto.
You clearly haven’t been a Bobcat fan long enough.

carmanjello325

in the year 1977 taxi was wearing cardinals red and had his lofty sights set on being a prestigious uiw fan...now here we some decades later and is still a huge fan of everywhere else but here.

atxman

There’s some irony in pointing to Finley’s departure as evidence that the coaching staff can’t bring in and hold on to QBs who could start. Finley left because the coaching staff wanted to bring in a second QB who could compete for a starting job. And when they parted ways with De Laura, they brought in another QB. Finley would have left then as well. And Hornsby left after he was beat out by Finley the previous season. I wish both of them well. But they show that most lower-tier FBS schools aren’t going to be able to bank many backup top skill-position players who can start elsewhere. Unlimited transfers rules are largely putting an end to that. Whether or not Kinne’s extended tenure at Texas State is a good one, he at least seems to understand how the game works now.

Golden1

Based solely off IG, it looks like we may have picked up former UH LB Treylin Payne. Will be a junior. 6’ 205, but quick. My brother (who graduated from both UH & TXST) said ppl wanted him to stay at UH, but Fritz brought in a few transfers and maybe he fell down on the depth chart & wanted out/closer to home (SA). Thinks he could be a good fit with what we do on D, & we need depth at LB, so I like it.

Played in all games with 2 starts last year; probably should’ve RS fresh year, but Holgy played him.