2025 Recruiting

carmanjello325

i guess the elephant in the room as we get closer to the summer is 0 hs commits for 2025 which idk might prove to be important seeing as how many players move on after this upcoming season...

Bobcats2011

I'm not worried about that one bit. Jackson was our first verbal last cycle and he didn't commit until June 25.
I agree with this sentiment but I would also like some on the docket already. But it’ll probably take years of sustained success to start getting super quality hs recruits earlier in the cycle.

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
I agree with this sentiment but I would also like some on the docket already. But it’ll probably take years of sustained success to start getting super quality hs recruits earlier in the cycle.
Agreed, would like some on the docket for sure, but we have to remember:
1. In Kinne We Trust
2. Spav would be sending out his first offers right about now and wouldn’t get a commit until like July of the current cycle

slycat

Baylor is bleeding offensive players to the portal after the spring game. I think they had a QB decommit too. Spav is struggling.

atxman

Looks like Baylor lost their QB commit after the QB coach who recruited him took a job at UH. Given that Baylor’s offense (especially at QB) has not performed well the last couple of years, it’s not surprising that they replaced that coach. It says something that Spav couldn’t keep the commitment, but it sounds like the kid had a great relationship with the departed coach. Regardless, yeah, Spav seems to be struggling early on. Maybe that will change as he settles in more, but I’m glad he’s not our problem anymore.