Bobcat NIL

Bobcat1

You may be missing the point. His cost on those T-Shirts is likely around $10, this is intended to raise $.
Keep in mind these are two of the NBA’s biggest super stars, officially licensed (NIKE, NBA) apparel run a bit higher, but regular t shirts have a lower price point. Granted it’s been over a decade since I worked retail, but no way their margins start above $10. More power to him, but unless he’s in the Heisman conversation mid season, this is a bridge too far for most regular fans.

Bobcat87

love it but think its best to wait to make sure he is on august roster. would love to buy apparel player that can be worn following season. doesnt exactly work with all the one and done players kinne brings in..
Hey Jello, haven’t you heard … . It’s a “one and done“ world, and may the highest bidder win.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Keep in mind these are two of the NBA’s biggest super stars, officially licensed (NIKE, NBA) apparel run a bit higher, but regular t shirts have a lower price point. Granted it’s been over a decade since I worked retail, but no way their margins start above $10. More power to him, but unless he’s in the Heisman conversation mid season, this is a bridge too far for most regular fans.

View attachment 6562

View attachment 6563

View attachment 6564
If McCloud could move the same amount of shirts that Curry or James could - then it would not only cost significantly less to print the shirts, the profit margin wouldn't need to be much to make it lucrative. 50,000 shirts x $3 is significantly more than 100 shirts x $25.

If McCloud isn't fronting the cost of their printing, he's likely splitting the profit with the manufacturer which means his commission per shirt is probably significantly less than $25 anyway.

franslasttwinkie

Keep in mind these are two of the NBA’s biggest super stars, officially licensed (NIKE, NBA) apparel run a bit higher, but regular t shirts have a lower price point. Granted it’s been over a decade since I worked retail, but no way their margins start above $10
Seems like a deal. I’d like this one in the wardrobe but paying the bookstore $128? 🧐

Bobcats2011

I signed a NIL deal with new Bobcat Alex Merritt DL #92. He has been and will be training my son . If you have a lineman I highly recommend him. Quality individual that knows his stuff and can teach.
I need a bobcat shirt with Merritt on the back for my old college roomie who shares the same last name

Bobcat1

Damn Mahdi going to be a fullback by the season with all these restaurant deals.
He does need to bulk up a bit for any chance at the NFL anyway. 😅 Right now his only knock is his durability given his size. Thats why Jeter was always our go-to back at the goal line. Unless he tries to market himself as a D’Andre Swift type of Swiss Army knife, but even he is listed at 215 lbs and is on his third team in four years already.

Ideally he needs to get to the 210-215 range (a la Emmitt Smith), but without losing any speed. That’s best done gradually. I remember with Stan Zwinggi there was interest in him as a returner at the next level because of his speed, but he gained too much weight after the season trying to bulk up (on bad advise from his agent) and ended up having a bad 40 at the pro day & teams lost interest.