Bobcat Stadium Renovation

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member

Imagine if we closed in the horseshoe with seats instead of a walkway…
while I’m inclined to agree with that sentiment… not exactly needed just yet…. Or probably didn’t have the money to also do additional seating, moving screens, updating student side to be Ada compliant…
Hopefully engineering allowes for seats to easily be added in the future at lower or upper level if not both.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
while I’m inclined to agree with that sentiment… not exactly needed just yet…. Or probably didn’t have the money to also do additional seating, moving screens, updating student side to be Ada compliant…
Hopefully engineering allowes for seats to easily be added in the future at lower or upper level if not both.
Agreed.
Let's at least wait until we're selling out 3-4 games a year before we worry about spending money on more seating.

I imagine that an IPF should be much higher on the list of priorities right now.

franslasttwinkie

I imagine that an IPF should be much higher on the list of priorities right now.
Looks to still be on the CIP report for 2025. Looks like if we raise just $6MM in private funds and they hammer down a place to put it they could break ground the following season. TBF the report hasn't been updated in 3 years...and I bet that estimate has now changed to the $15-20M range for a decent bubble we could be proud of.

Capital Improvement Plan : Facilities : Texas State University (txst.edu)

atxman

I wonder if they’ve considered a video screen at the north end of the stadium. If fans will be on that south end zone deck during the game, you might think they would want something that helps them watch the action on the field. Those two flanking screens won’t be very useful for them. Maybe somebody here has already raised the question. (Clearly, I’m too lazy to scroll back through all the pages.)

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
I wonder if they’ve considered a video screen at the north end of the stadium. If fans will be on that south end zone deck during the game, you might think they would want something that helps them watch the action on the field. Those two flanking screens won’t be very useful for them. Maybe somebody here has already raised the question. (Clearly, I’m too lazy to scroll back through all the pages.)
I’ve brought up something similar in the past saying the area above north endzone arch would be perfect for a mega screen. Might provide extra shade for the GA’ers and students in that section too

franslasttwinkie

Project still shows as the same amount according the April 4th 2024 Project Status ReportView attachment 6642
Is the potential facility going to be a true multipurpose all sports bubble? Or is it really just going to be mainly an indoor football field? It's not like baseball really needs it for extreme cold or hot weather, maybe just occasionally for a rainy February day. Pitching/Hitting baseballs outside in Jan/Feb is certainly not any fun but it's a lot better than football practices in August.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Is the potential facility going to be a true multipurpose all sports bubble? Or is it really just going to be mainly an indoor football field? It's not like baseball really needs it for extreme cold or hot weather, maybe just occasionally for a rainy February day. Pitching/Hitting baseballs outside in Jan/Feb is certainly not any fun but it's a lot better than football practices in August.
Do we even know if it’s going to be a fully indoor practice facility/bubble? I feel like I read somewhere that it might just start out as a covered practice facility to be enclosed when more money becomes available. Maybe that just depends on how much initial funding it gets. Maybe Kdamp, Don, and crew are hedging their bets that Kinn and co tear it up substantially more this year and the money comes flowing in!