Bobcat Stadium Renovation

TXSTGrad03

Heard that renovations on the press box side (dark side) are about to start. Bench seating being taken out of 3 or 4 sections, concrete being redone and chair backs going in. I think I heard after done the there will be around 1200 seat reduction.

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
Heard that renovations on the press box side (dark side) are about to start. Bench seating being taken out of 3 or 4 sections, concrete being redone and chair backs going in. I think I heard after done the there will be around 1200 seat reduction.
They mentioned this to me when I renewed my tickets that they would be doing this for the seats towards the middle of the field there. Excited to see the final results.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
1,200 seat reduction ? . . . . . well, it’s not like we really need ‘em.
Feel like that had to be a miscommunication somewhere, but maybe not?

If we're talking about Sections 102, 103, 104 and do some quick napkin math w/ 25 rows x 25 seats for 103 and 50 seats for 102/104 giving us 3125 total, losing 1200 would be pretty hard. I think that total number is high, but even if it was 5000, losing 1/4 of the seats would be significant.

Curious if that number is accurate....especially while they're pimping season tickets, although I feel like you used to be able to pick your exact seat online in the past, and that isn't available today, so maybe donors *are* getting much bigger seats. Might make me more likely to watch from my actual seats though.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
rows will be wider.
Verrry interdasting.... Now I'm really interested in finding out more. Odd that there isn't any PR about this, again, especially because they just started pushing season tickets. Wouldn't that be something that would push potential buyers to donate to the Bobcat Club so they could sit in those nice seats?

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
There's supposed to be a press release for it, but I haven't seen it yet. Sounds like they're completely restructuring the sections so they all have the same number of seats.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I will say it's about time that concrete got some love. I was sitting about 10' away when an entire row of bleachers ripped out (S 103, 1st row? 2nd?) and dropped the fans on the ground in 2019 (iirc). Hopefully they replace those low rent railings at the same time.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I knew there were some posters on that row when it happened, just couldn't recall who.

TXSTGrad03

Would like to see a press release to see exactly what is being done. Would be a huge selling point for season tix especially with Baylor on the schedule and hopefully being able to be 100% capacity for the season.

TXST04

CAPITAL PROJECTS QUARTERLY STATUS REPORT. May 2021

Bobcat Stadium South End Zone Addition. CIP Cost: $16,491,884
This project will remodel a large portion of the existing South End Zone Complex add on to the building for a weight room, sports medicine (training) area, and rehabilitation area. New locker rooms and meeting areas will also be provided in the existing building.
Status: The feasibility study for the Bobcat Stadium South End Zone Addition has been completed. This project is on the CIP and will be initiated pending funding.
Next Milestone: Funding availability.

Bobcat Stadium Seating Anchor Replacement - Delegated Project
Engineer: Datum Engineering
Contractor:TBD
Percent Complete: 0%
Est. Cost: $2,200,000 !!!
Est. Completion: September 2021(Projected)

This project involves the replacement of bench seat anchors in the football stadium due to galvanic corrosion and wear. Construction documents have been completed, and the project has been released for bid. Construction is anticipated to start in May 2021.
Next Milestone: Selection of Contractor

TheRevSWT

Man, it would be so nice for Coryell to hold a press conference where he prioritizes the capital projects, and kicks off a campaign to raise it. Show what's important to him and why, and ask for the help needed to get there.

If I were him, I would be setting a dollar goal and have that at every press conference going forward. Make sure that everyone knows we are either raising the funds nicely or that the money isn't there because donations have tanked (and what he's going to do different to try and get it back on track).

record that press conference and have that as a permanent link on every sports team's twitter, as well as his own.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
CAPITAL PROJECTS QUARTERLY STATUS REPORT. May 2021

Bobcat Stadium South End Zone Addition. CIP Cost: $16,491,884
This project will remodel a large portion of the existing South End Zone Complex add on to the building for a weight room, sports medicine (training) area, and rehabilitation area. New locker rooms and meeting areas will also be provided in the existing building.
Status: The feasibility study for the Bobcat Stadium South End Zone Addition has been completed. This project is on the CIP and will be initiated pending funding.
Next Milestone: Funding availability.

Bobcat Stadium Seating Anchor Replacement - Delegated Project
Engineer: Datum Engineering
Contractor:TBD
Percent Complete: 0%
Est. Cost: $2,200,000 !!!
Est. Completion: September 2021(Projected)

This project involves the replacement of bench seat anchors in the football stadium due to galvanic corrosion and wear. Construction documents have been completed, and the project has been released for bid. Construction is anticipated to start in May 2021.
Next Milestone: Selection of Contractor
Didnt we get new locker rooms when Withers was here or was that just upgrades?

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
spending 17 million and we arent even bowling in the horseshoe with more seats or adding in the 3rd deck for our big breakthrough season coming up? any idea what the seating additions in the rendition would cost?

View attachment 1404
Well in 2011 or whenever the expansion cost 35 million IIRC. So due to inflation and the increased cost of building materials I'd bet that third deck, corners, suites, and endzone section would end up costing 80 million, but I have no knowledge of the stadium construction market so I could be way off. I'd be happy if we just bowled in the corners and south endzone like in the sketch and added suites on the east side. No need for the third deck.

TheRevSWT

I just want more suites (though I don't know that's necessary. Last I heard, we have open suites available)

Jecbobcat

I know there was mention on here, but is it confirmed that sections 102-104 is getting permanent chair back seats?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
If we're talking about Sections 102, 103, 104
So it's actually Sections 101-105, which makes much more sense if we're losing 1,200 seats. That also makes the entire dark side lower level BC donation required now.