Bobcat Stadium Renovation

Txst12

So I recently (2 weeks ago) renewed my season tickets in section 105 and they did not mention me having to donate to the BC to keep my seat or any renovations for that matter. They did say due to covid unknowns it was possible I might not get that same seat but they would let me know if the seat changes. Hoping I get grandfathered in and get to keep my same seat in 105 without paying to BC. Not that I’m being cheap or anything but if I’m gonna donate to BC, I want it to be on MY terms not the AD’s.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
That's odd. When I heard those sections, I did a doubletake and asked about it and they were clear it was the entire dark side, 101-105.

slycat

The cost isn't shocking based on wood and steel prices right now. It is an awful time to doing construction due to supply costs.

The reduction makes sense. For benches they usually measure at like 12 to 16 inches per seat or something small. No stadium feels more cramped with bench seating than A&Ms. plus those benches are low and you feel like your knees are in your chest.

The stadium needed nicer seats on that side. The better stadiums have chair back seating instead of bench seating.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
No stadium feels more cramped with bench seating than A&Ms.
Haven't been to Kyle as an adult, but I'd blindly counter that claim w/ Michigan's Big House. The allotted bleacher space per ass can't be 16" and the run is so short your feet are jammed up into the lower row's shoulders. If someone has to pee or go to concessions, the entire row has to get up - there's no skooching your knees to the side to let them through. Especially when it's cold and everyone is bulked up in winter jackets, people are literally jammed in there - no wonder it gets a rep as quiet, even though it seats 100K - no one can move to cheer! It feels like a stadium built for 70K but they really wanted that 100K number, so they said "screw it!"

Fiefdom

Email concerning the stadium seat modifications should be out tomorrow per the AD dept.

I told them they should at least include a mock-up of how the seat will look and size dimensions.

If they really wanted to be cool, the new seats would be all maroon with gold seats outlining a nice big SuperCat...

slycat

Haven't been to Kyle as an adult, but I'd blindly counter that claim w/ Michigan's Big House. The allotted bleacher space per ass can't be 16" and the run is so short your feet are jammed up into the lower row's shoulders. If someone has to pee or go to concessions, the entire row has to get up - there's no skooching your knees to the side to let them through. Especially when it's cold and everyone is bulked up in winter jackets, people are literally jammed in there - no wonder it gets a rep as quiet, even though it seats 100K - no one can move to cheer! It feels like a stadium built for 70K but they really wanted that 100K number, so they said "screw it!"
Sounds like the seats I was in at Kyle Field but maybe worse. These were up in the upper deck of the old end zone. I hated it. Not a fun way to watch a game at all.

Jecbobcat

Email concerning the stadium seat modifications should be out tomorrow per the AD dept.

I told them they should at least include a mock-up of how the seat will look and size dimensions.

If they really wanted to be cool, the new seats would be all maroon with gold seats outlining a nice big SuperCat...
Just making sure I wasn't left out of the party, but didn't see an email today... Not surprised, but want to make sure it wasn't sent out and I missed it

Fiefdom

Just making sure I wasn't left out of the party, but didn't see an email today... Not surprised, but want to make sure it wasn't sent out and I missed it
Unless they are shooting for a midnight deadline, pretty safe bet nothing is coming out today...LOL

Voltronjacko

I spoke to the ticket office late today (4-5pm). They said the email announcement was still being run up the chain, but they hope to have it out within the next day or 2.

carmanjello325

I love that rendering. Think I read that if it EVER came to fruitio, we could seat 45,000ish . . .

Yeah, I know, there’s not really a demand for that many seats, but man that stadium looks Great.
i don't think it's really even close to 45,000 seats. baylor and uh only hold 45k and 40k +sro respectfully and they would still look quite a bit bigger. i think it would just provide permanent seating to maybe 35-38k butts in seats i think is what i remember. which would at least mean the next time that we have a ttu, uh or utsa in town and we think that we might haver over 25k butts in seats we wouldn't have to have that ugly temporary bleacher seating rolled in. just think of the novel idea of having a marque matchup at home with two .500 or better teams in that case the stadium expansion is supported but even then mainly to just look nice and we would have the sun belt equivalent of tdecu stadium

Last edited:

Blaqcat05

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
When I renewed my Bobcat Club membership, they mentioned the new seating won't happen until 2022. That may be the reason no announcement has been made yet.

TXSTLightBeer

CAPITAL PROJECTS QUARTERLY STATUS REPORT. May 2021

Bobcat Stadium South End Zone Addition. CIP Cost: $16,491,884
This project will remodel a large portion of the existing South End Zone Complex add on to the building for a weight room, sports medicine (training) area, and rehabilitation area. New locker rooms and meeting areas will also be provided in the existing building.
Status: The feasibility study for the Bobcat Stadium South End Zone Addition has been completed. This project is on the CIP and will be initiated pending funding.
Next Milestone: Funding availability.
I really hope we are able to one up Arkansas State on their renovated facility.

And I pray to god our facility’s will be better than UTSAs facility they are currently building!

TXSTLightBeer

That’s a damn shame! I feel like this season in particular it is important to see improvement from the football team and the new AD. I don’t want us to fall even further behind our peers!

TXSTLightBeer

Not to say our facility are bad by any means! Our facility’s are quite good in fact! I just see them as a HUGE potential boost in our recruiting! I want us to have the best G5 facility’s in the south so when we have recruits come down to visit, they know Texas State means business