Bobcat Stadium Renovation

judoace06

That’s a damn shame! I feel like this season in particular it is important to see improvement from the football team and the new AD. I don’t want us to fall even further behind our peers!
I feel the same but is about the $$$. They have a plan. Just need money. I was provided pictures of other facilities that are already in place. We just trying to raise my now.

judoace06

Not to say our facility are bad by any means! Our facility’s are quite good in fact! I just see them as a HUGE potential boost in our recruiting! I want us to have the best G5 facility’s in the south so when we have recruits come down to visit, they know Texas State means business
Their are bad. If you see what the schools have, even in the conference, we are not even close.

geezer

They were ready to go with the project, however there were enough supply problems for the contractor that his best estimate of finish date was the Friday before the Baylor game. Too close for the situation, so they will start in Dec, right after the last game.
The flu situation has effected supply lines in many industries. So the only option was to start after the season is ended.

The anticipation is that we will be at 100% for attendance so we can have a packed house if the product on the field rates it. So get your tickets Kitties and see you at the games!

TXSTLightBeer

We definitely aren’t awe inspiring, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say bad. We definitely are missing some key components of a football facility though, namely a practice field(preferably indoor) and hot/cold therapy tubs.

TXSTLightBeer

They were ready to go with the project, however there were enough supply problems for the contractor that his best estimate of finish date was the Friday before the Baylor game. Too close for the situation, so they will start in Dec, right after the last game.
The flu situation has effected supply lines in many industries. So the only option was to start after the season is ended.
Great to hear construction will be happening soon!!

judoace06

We definitely aren’t awe inspiring, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say bad. We definitely are missing some key components of a football facility though, namely a practice field(preferably indoor) and hot/cold therapy tubs.
I wish I could upload the brochure that was given me. You are the a stadium issue but weigh room, rehab, and other Training are, we are not keeping up. I blame Ties for not following the progression of other programs.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I wish I could upload the brochure that was given me. You are the a stadium issue but weigh room, rehab, and other Training are, we are not keeping up. I blame Ties for not following the progression of other programs.
Why cant you?

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
A friend of a friend Baylor grad said he contacted the Baylor ticket office about tickets and was told he should be able to get a walk-up ticket day of. Hopefully that's what Baylor is communicating to their fans and there won't be many of them in our stadium on game day....

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Last night at the Austin meet the coach event, Don said they are going to turn the South End Zone area into a lounge/beer garden for fans. I assume BC members, as I don’t think I recall him saying that specifically.

franslasttwinkie

A bit off topic but was told they are bringing the bleachers in for the Baylor game, they expect a full house.
UTSA already took them down in 2017 on the road though that was their worst season in the last few decades. They've been down 4/5 of the last seasons following their mess. With or without the Covid thing I wouldn't expect Baylor's presence to be anything like what the UH, Tech or UTSA crowds were like at Bobcat stadium. I'd expect the crowd to be more like the Navy game to be honest, even with a midsize regional fanbase

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I mean the NAVY game was a sellout too right? Regardless I think Baylor brings a good crowd. Their fans are excited and optimistic, its game 1, it's a short trip, and its not on TV. Reading their board they are kind of annoyed at the thought at playing in San Marcos but I get it.

I wish we could've hosted SMU in a regular year. I was really curious to see how many fans they'd bring. They did bring more than I expected though even with COVID considering I had never met or seen an SMU fan in my life. Heck I think they brought more than UTSA did.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Not to say our facility are bad by any means! Our facility’s are quite good in fact!
From Spav's mouth last night: Our facilities are among the worst in the nation, and definitely in the conference. Fan facing stuff is great, but the stuff the players use is well below par. He pointed out that our weight room is 4,000sq', while Louisiana's is 16,000sq'.