****F1rst Responder ServPro Bowl Texas State vs Rice Game Day Thread****

Bobcat1

JT Daniels being out is nothing exclusive to the bowl game. He was out the prior 4 games and still they hung 31 points on SMU. Also, Rice didn’t allow 45 points all season whether it was defensive points or not.

We gave them 130 yards of penalties to help offset the pick 6s and still they couldn’t cut the deficit more. Rice was outmanned on both sides of the trenches even if the pass yards weren’t there to show for it.
All that still doesn’t change the fact that Rice was a completely different team with Daniels.

Also, penalties in no way “offset” 14 direct points off turnovers & change of momentum.

Their line was far from outmatched, as some of our drive charts indicate:

3 plays 6 yards, punt.
3 plays 2 yards, punt.
3 plays, -3 yards, punt
3 plays, 2 yards, punt
3 plays, -3 yards, punt
3 plays, 5 yards, punt
3 plays, -1 yard, punt
3 plays, 6 yards, fumble
3 plays, 0 yards, punt.

Last edited:

franslasttwinkie

I guess we’re just supposed to ignore the fact that we scored 24 points on drives that did NOT begin as the result of getting a takeaway?

In other words wipe out the 14 pick 6 points and the 7 points scored off of a normal turnover and we still maybe could have won this game anyway 24-21.

TXST didn’t get lucky Rice got lucky that 3 of their turnovers didn’t turn into points and make this game even more out of hand. Their benefit for a sub-par day of scheme and play call. Nothing to do with our players being lesser.

Bobcat1

Nothing to do with our players being lesser.
And I said or implied this when……????

Me: “Wow, Rice was a quality team. Good thing their starter was out. I agree with Coach Bailiff that they were a tough opponent.”

This board: “Why do you think our team sucks!” 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I think he's just a contrarian by nature. When we sucked he was calling for 10 wins, and when we landed a crazy good recruiting/transfer class and a coach w/ legit offensive credentials, he called for 2. Now that everyone is hyped up, he's being the wet blanket. In several posts he's talked about keeping this fanbase in check to save us from ourselves.

Texican

M&G Collective Member
Wow! Huge win for the program, 8 wins for the season, largest crowds for home games in history, we won our first bowl game, and had a blast drinking them dry in the process.

Let’s keep the eye on the ball and move forward, I feel like I’m in the film room getting accosted by a hard to please coach!

eat em up cats!

Attachments

KI5WZV

Incredible win. Can’t believe I was there to see it after so many years of heartaches and letdowns. My grandpa was there for the Wacker years and joined for tonight’s game. He told me this felt as good as the national championships.

Feels good to finally be able to call a Bobcat football season a success!
I agree with him - it felt as good as the national championships! I was there during the Wacker era and might have even run into your grandpa!
Eat'em up Cats!

Poseidon

I think he's just a contrarian by nature. When we sucked he was calling for 10 wins, and when we landed a crazy good recruiting/transfer class and a coach w/ legit offensive credentials, he called for 2. Now that everyone is hyped up, he's being the wet blanket. In several posts he's talked about keeping this fanbase in check to save us from ourselves.

In other words he enjoys being wrong about everything.

Bullcat

The accomplishments are many this season with a new coach and a lot of new players. It is amazing to see what can be done when the coaches, players, and administration are aligned and focused on building the program for future success.

First P5 win.
Sun Belt wins - 4.
Home field wins - 5.
Bowl eligibility after nine games.
Regular season wins - 7.
Bowl win in first appearance.
Total season wins - 8.

The weather was good for the game, although it did get a little cool when the sun went down. I'm glad I made the trek to Dallas with the tailgate crew for a big Bobcat win against an in-state opponent. I'm sure that the drive home felt good for many a Bobcat fan. And a big hand to the Bobcat fans and supporters for showing up the day after Christmas. Already looking forward to next season with seven home games.

FR Bowl Pregame 12-26-23.jpg FR Bowl Pregame2 12-26-23.jpg FR Bowl Bobcat crowd 12-26-23.jpg FR Bowl Final Score 12-26-23.jpg FR Bowl 2023 Champions 12-26-23.jpg

Eat'em Up Cats!!!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
@Bullcat you know you can just slap the url directly into the post and it will still populate, yes? You don't need to use the add link button.