****F1rst Responder ServPro Bowl Texas State vs Rice Game Day Thread****

GolfCat

I wanted to kill the drunk family who kept standing up on the bleachers and screaming for players to look at them, but other than that, all good!
Similar situation here. There was a young graduate sitting right in front of us that was a total ass. I felt sorry for my brother to have to witness the guys asshattery.

Mpf43

It was, but I was the guy clapping on every defensive down and whistling on 3rd down, which annoys a LOT of people, so I can’t really say much to anyone else.

Good to know M&G had 126 covered!
I am annoyed by the fans not clapping on third down. Txst fans have to be active to make a home field advantage when we dont have 100k people in the stands. We actually caused offsides at home this year!

atxman

So many friends keep sending me links to news about Texas State fans drinking the stadium dry. All I say is don’t invite us to your house unless you’re serious and have a stocked fridge. Our fans sounded pretty boisterous on TV. I can only imagine how much rowdier they would have been if not forced to abstain the second half. I recall our first game in 2006 was a sellout, an effect of the previous year’s deep playoff run. They better figure out a solution to the concessions problem at Bobcat Stadium by the home opener next season. I’m expecting a big crowd for each of the September games at least.

Bobcat1

They better figure out a solution to the concessions problem at Bobcat Stadium for the home opener next season. I’m expecting a big crowd for each of the September games at least.
One thing that SMU did pretty well was having the pay stations being outside and separate from the server counter. Also, they had premade drinks in their corresponding signs (sprite, coke, Diet Coke, Dr Pepper) at the counter so you could just grab the cup you wanted and go directly to the pay counter. Same with food items.

Colt Golden

Special teams decisions putting an emphasis on “special” today. Did Kinne huff glue before the game?
Rolled the dice for a big play in the return game..

Are ya'll seeing that nobody kicks away from Mahdi the All-American. Kole is the better return man. They are both threats, but Wilson scares teams more.

Colt Golden

I am annoyed by the fans not clapping on third down. Txst fans have to be active to make a home field advantage when we dont have 100k people in the stands. We actually caused offsides at home this year!
What game were you at. I was on the home side and we overwhelmed Rice. Could you not here the stands rattle on 3rd down. I know it effected the Rice communication. You could see it in the communication of QB with the line call and his skill players.

carmanjello325

Special teams decisions putting an emphasis on “special” today. Did Kinne huff glue before the game?
no he just appears to have 0 trust in prado on that unit. best i can tell is that it was an agreement with prado to save his job. prado wont even put enough trust in his all conference kicker to put the ball through the back of the ez to save 15-20 yard of field each drive

Colt Golden

So, did we actually decline the running into the kicker penalty? I think I may be having a stroke
Yes, maybe somebody answered this already.

If we accepted it we would have been 4th down and a half yard short of first down. Kinne opted to take the result of the play rather than Redick from five yards up the field.

Colt Golden

He probably declined it when he thought he had a personal foul going his way.
Not to make you feel bad, but education is needed.

5 yd running into kicker made it fourth and short.

The other two flags are deadball penalties and are accessed after the play.

If as originally called both dead ball fouls on them then you accept the running into punter and keep the ball in your possession. Then the dead ball fouls are enforced which would have been 30 more yards and a first down.

In reality, Kinne had to make the decision knowing the dead ball fouls actually cancelled each other out. Kinne chose to take the result of the punt rather than rekick 5 yards farther down field or go for it.

He was not fooled by the original explanation because it would have been automatic to take the five and then get the dead ball fouls on top of it.

Only when two fouls occur during the play do you have to sometimes choose which one you want.

Colt Golden

Agree, worst than you would hope to do against a non legacy AAC program that has for the most part been one of the few teams that has cared about football the same if not less than us since 2012.

Their defense isn’t a slouch but we still should have put up 500+ yards against them.
We went conservative after going up by 17 midway through 3rd. Our vaunted run game and all american back should have taken over. Instead we were slung down by an arm tackle.

Professorbum

Not to make you feel bad, but education is needed.

5 yd running into kicker made it fourth and short.

The other two flags are deadball penalties and are accessed after the play.

If as originally called both dead ball fouls on them then you accept the running into punter and keep the ball in your possession. Then the dead ball fouls are enforced which would have been 30 more yards and a first down.

In reality, Kinne had to make the decision knowing the dead ball fouls actually cancelled each other out. Kinne chose to take the result of the punt rather than rekick 5 yards farther down field or go for it.

He was not fooled by the original explanation because it would have been automatic to take the five and then get the dead ball fouls on top of it.

Only when two fouls occur during the play do you have to sometimes choose which one you want.
I don't feel bad for thinking that you take the highest penalty in your favor and decline the lowest one. That's how these are usually enforced. Your explanation of the deadball foul and the sequence of events makes sense. I'll buy all that. I appreciate the clarification. I will definitely lose no sleep over not understanding the rule at the time. :)