Football Scoop - Spavital Is Out

Bobcat1

Multiple sources are now reporting it. I feel confident this is true rather than being some random blog reporting it. Now we wait for the official press release.

If ESPN and 257 Sports are saying it, likely true then. But it may be that he decided to step down based on how it’s worded and the fact ESPN knew about it. Doubt Don or KD have ESPN sources, so I’m thinking Spav himself tipped them off.

franslasttwinkie

It’s still a long road ahead even if he is out but I find comfort in knowing 95% of other FBS or FCS head coaches would have closed out the Troy, USM and ULM with a W as well as at a minimum kept the Nevada game close. Regardless of the attrition of players after his departure I feel just about any other head coach will be a pretty substantial improvement.

Bobcat1

It’s still a long road ahead even if he is out but I find comfort in knowing 95% of other FBS or FCS head coaches would have closed out the Troy, USM and ULM with a W as well as at a minimum kept the Nevada game close. Regardless of the attrition of players after his departure I feel just about any other head coach will be a pretty substantial improvement.

With him being out, attrition may not be that much anymore. We have a good roster here.

GolfCat

More and more reports confirming the move although these say he was fired rather than him quitting.

Search firm and national process commencing immediately. Let's hope we use a different one than the two previous HC hires. 🤦‍♂️