Game Thread - @ Louisiana

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Tha

that is because they are Louisiana Lafayette. *Only* the athletics department is allowed to be called Louisiana. This was part of the compromise allowing them to use that branding. Kind of like how when we became Texas state the short form is TXSt not TSU.
I don't think those things are similar at all lol. It's not really a compromise they made its just a common branding approach taken by various college athletic programs and we sure as heck didn't compromise anything to be known as "TXST" our schools name is actually Texas State. TXST is also simply a better acronym than TSU. There are a ton of other TSUs none of whom we want to be confused for.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
I don't think those things are similar at all lol. It's not really a compromise they made its just a common branding approach taken by various college athletic programs and we sure as heck didn't compromise anything to be known as "TXST" our schools name is actually Texas State. TXST is also simply a better acronym than TSU. There are a ton of other TSUs none of whom we want to be confused for.
Not to be confused with the OG:

FA93DC13-2DCF-40FA-88D2-325C6D3CFE34.jpeg

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Yeah that got me off my couch.

Morgan seems like a developmental project like Love also. You can tell he's athletic, has a ton of confidence, and seems to be a decent enough shooter, but sometimes he makes mistakes that are really frustrating. He did a lot of good tonight but he also had 3 turnovers and 3 fouls. He should get better and better though and with Small gone after this year he'll likely be a big part of next season. One concern is he's really undersized if he's gonna keep playing the 4 at only 6'5" and we still haven't signed a forward for next year. I guess we just hope Lacewell is ready to go next year along with Morgan?
Will be interesting what happens at the 3 & 4 spots next year. Morgan will be a big part of it. Do hope he’s more a 3 but probably depends on how much confidence they have in Lacewell vs Jones/Sykes. Do think we’ll add one juco/transfer to hope to make a big impact. But maybe that’s a guard spot if Harrell/Asberry move on? Covid year makes everything more complicated on what could return.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Yeah I'm really curious what our seniors with an extra covid year of eligibility do. The only "super seniors" that we know are gone are Small and Adams. Harrell, Asberry, and Ceaser are all seniors who could play a 5th year I think. We've already signed 3, so we're expecting at least one other scholarship player other than Small and Adams to depart. I'm thinking Darien Jenkins might be out the door also based on playing time and demeanor.

TXST

Yeah I'm really curious what our seniors with an extra covid year of eligibility do. The only "super seniors" that we know are gone are Small and Adams. Harrell, Asberry, and Ceaser are all seniors who could play a 5th year I think. We've already signed 3, so we're expecting at least one other scholarship player other than Small and Adams to depart. I'm thinking Darien Jenkins might be out the door also based on playing time and demeanor.
I didn't realize we have the potential to see Harrell, Asberry, and Ceasar next year. That'd be awesome.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
similar or not they are not allowed to call themselves "Lousiana" if it isn't athletics.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
similar or not they are not allowed to call themselves "Lousiana" if it isn't athletics.
It doesn’t matter what they call themselves, the gap between them and LSU will always be as wide as it has ever been (perception wise they are still second tier regional in the state of Louisiana).