Game Thread - @ Troy - ESPN2

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
While Covid cancellations happened this year, we won the one seed by a full game and a half. We deserved this year. Saw posts about last year, and while we won, the East won nine tournament games vs the west two last year. 2021 does deserve an * imo on schedule.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Also, Mason, shoot everytime you are open. No need for the extra pass or pump. Shoot it. It will go in.
I'd love to see 12, 4, 5 and 1 all shooting more and shot faking less. I swear they shot fake themselves out of so many clean looks only to end up stuck and desperate. I know the offense is meant to be deliberate and they're not supposed to be taking early shots, but it drives me bonkers seeing them pass up so many open shots.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
What a fun regular season. 21 wins, ending on 9 straight wins, and we've won 20 straight in the month of February over the course of the last 3 seasons. That's insane. Only other team that last I checked was tied with us was Gonzaga.

Now. Can we please, PLEASE, carry this over into March? PLLEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carmanjello325

That was AWESOME . . . . Didn’t think we’d go on the road and close out the season beating both USA and Troy. Great Finish to the season. Now let’s win the Tourney.
im at a loss… is this a positive post from you. heart stand still eat emup bobcat nation

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
im at a loss… is this a positive post from you. heart stand still eat emup bobcat nation
*Duck* off
great internal hire speaks for itself no? coach of the year, lets get out the check book and sign and extension and raise
an excuse that we have a coach that doesnt even care to take care of business off the court, whip these kids into shape so that they are eligible to play?
no personal attacks but he can blatantly tell people to duck off? cherry picker🤡. covering up for a poster who is ultimately defending a coach who doesnt even hold himself accountable to see that the team cooperates and is able to play?

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Louisiana's front court could give us headaches but if we keep playing the way we have, I like our chances.

I did not expect us to win both games this week, but the team seemed to get even better.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Is it just me or does the other bracket look a lot friendlier?
I think they're about even. Troy's a weak 4-seed I think, but USA is a really tough 5-seed. I'll take an "upset" there in the quarterfinals. Louisiana is kind of a tough 8-seed also so our quarterfinal game won't be easy.

That said, I want nothing to do with Georgia State, so pretty happy they jumped in front of Troy today. It makes our win tonight seem that much more important. GSU and USA in our side would have been really lopsided and a terrible draw for a 1 seed.

carmanjello325

*Duck* Carmen. The others at least showed up during the season. Look at Carmen’s post. Last posts are Troy when we are missing people and at Houston.
dont mean to be the bearer of non maroon colored glasses but um houston has not looked good as of late they went to double ot in a game that should never been heated against a pretty poor wichita. will be doing welll to make 2nd round

Arolexion

dont mean to be the bearer of non maroon colored glasses but um houston has not looked good as of late they went to double ot in a game that should never been heated against a pretty poor wichita. will be doing welll to make 2nd round
today I learned being 14th ranked and being 23-4 is "not looking good". this is on top of UH missing their leading scorer (who went down for the season AFTER our bout vs them. https://thedailycougar.com/2022/01/18/uh-basketball-shifted-focus-mark-sasser-injuries/)

Bullcat

The current season shares similarities with the 1993-94 season NCAA Tournament team. In1993-94, the Bobcats ended the season on a seven-game win streak. This season ended with a nine-game win streak. At the time Northeast Louisiana, now ULM, was the class of the Southland Conference in basketball. Northeast won the regular season title and hosted the conference tournament. Northeast was upset in the tournament semifinal by North Texas 77-74. The Bobcats defeated North Texas 69-60 in the championship game. The tournament games were close back then and I expect the same next weekend in Pensacola. An upset might help the Bobcats just as it did 28 years ago. Looking for the same end results.

1993-94 Texas State Bobcats Schedule and Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

1993-94 Southland Conference Season Summary | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Last edited: