Game Thread - Vs. Little Rock

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
We have not played well after being up by like 14. Looks like another game with no Dawson. Think he’s our best 3pt shooter. Coleman drives me crazy. Maybe my new Quentin Scott

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Coastal beat Troy by 10. We need to hold onto this one and we can lengthen our lead going into the final 2 games.

31-26 at halftime.
We got up 16-2 and got complacent. Coaches too. I'm sure Darien Jenkins family is there and its his last game at home and all but I'm not a big fan of putting reserves into a game that rarely play with 35 minutes left...

We're not shooting it horribly but only 1 offensive rebound and no 2nd chance points and 8 turnovers has led to us not putting up as many shots as we'd like. Asberry has 8, Harrell has 7, and Adams has 6. Ceasar has 4 points and 5 rebounds. Need to lock in here and just take care of business.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Martin kills me. They finally get it inside vs the zone, which collapses on him for a held ball, Possession arrow to LR. Down at the other end, he stone hands a defensive rebound into an own goal. 4pt swing for him.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Win one game next week and we are back to back regular season champs by winning %. App could be .5 game up with 13-5 vs our 11-4 but our winning % is better and think that is what is determining this year’s winner.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Really curious if the NIT is happening this year in its normal format. Meaning 1 win next week would also clinch us at least an NIT bid. As far as I can tell they haven't announced the format of the tourney this year yet though.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Really curious if the NIT is happening this year in its normal format. Meaning 1 win next week would also clinch us at least an NIT bid. As far as I can tell they haven't announced the format of the tourney this year yet though.
I'm pretty sure that by this point last season we already knew there would be no auto-bids for the 2021 NIT. I'm wondering if no news might be good news - as in, back to normal.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
NIT announces new committee members | NCAA.com

"The 2022 NIT will be the 83rd for the nation’s oldest postseason tournament, which began in 1938. The semifinals and championship will return to New York City and Madison Square Garden. The semifinals will be played Tuesday, March 29 with the championship game scheduled for Thursday, March 31.

Selections for the 2022 NIT will be announced Sunday, March 13 with first-round games scheduled March 15-16, second-round games scheduled for March 17-21 and quarterfinal games slated for March 22-23."

5 rounds would be normal for their typical 32 team format. Last year the field was reduced to 16, which is why the auto bids weren't possible.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
App beat up on USA pretty good 69-51 in Boone. That eliminates USA for the regular season championship.

Comes down to TXST, App, and Troy for the title.

1. TXST 10-3
2. App 11-5
3. Troy 9-5

TXST is at USA and at Troy
App is at Little Rock and at Arkansas State
Troy is at home vs. UTA and Texas State

That TXST @ Troy game on ESPN2 next Friday night could be massive.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
NIT announces new committee members | NCAA.com

"The 2022 NIT will be the 83rd for the nation’s oldest postseason tournament, which began in 1938. The semifinals and championship will return to New York City and Madison Square Garden. The semifinals will be played Tuesday, March 29 with the championship game scheduled for Thursday, March 31.

Selections for the 2022 NIT will be announced Sunday, March 13 with first-round games scheduled March 15-16, second-round games scheduled for March 17-21 and quarterfinal games slated for March 22-23."

5 rounds would be normal for their typical 32 team format. Last year the field was reduced to 16, which is why the auto bids weren't possible.
Nice find. I tried Thursday for a minute and came up with nothing. Seems like good news, and no news right now is good news as well.