Levi Bell - USFL

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
That's a great sign they're looking to do anything to find him a role so they can keep him.
My wife is from the PNW and has a fairly close friend from HS that works in the Seahawks organization and she says she's heard Bell's name brought up several times. I just got off the phone with her asking for clarification after texting back and forth and she is of the opinion that the coaching staff really like his work ethic and potential but just don't know if they have a spot for him solely as a D player.

Granted, she doesn't work in the "operations" side of the organization but more of what I'd call senior level PR/marketing and she did say she got a "background sheet" on him. Seeing TXST is what prompted her to text me, She said she doesn't normally get sheets on undrafted rookies, so that's definitely a positive sign that they're looking at his Special Teams impact also, and perhaps situational O, such as this FB play.

Take it for what it's worth, but I'd bet even odds of him making at least the practice squad.

Bobcat1

11-13k a week sure isn't chump change. He also gets that NFL support structure to grow and learn so he's ready when the moment hits.
I never understood why some people, like the guy who knocked Kinne for “never playing in the NFL”, dog practice squad players. I’d take $180K a year in a heartbeat to show up for practice.

franslasttwinkie

I never understood why some people, like the guy who knocked Kinne for “never playing in the NFL”, dog practice squad players. I’d take $180K a year in a heartbeat to show up for practice.
I guess it would depend if that is 11-13K per game week or 11-13K per calendar week. If that's 11-13K per year-round calendar week that's $572-676K/yr, actually. Again, I don't think players outside the 53-man roster are bound to NFL minimum pay so that would be pretty high for a practice squad guy (that's not that far off from league min) but it would not surprise me.

But I don't know the requirements for practice squad guys or if there even is any.

franslasttwinkie

Tough to budget cashing checks 1/3 of year.

I think since teachers only work 9 more or less total months per year they may have the ability to spread their checks out over the course of the calendar year instead of just when school is in session.

Ridiculous to me that teachers think they are being paid so low but if you express their yearly pay by week that kids actually go into school their weekly pay rate is quite higher. Anyone who gets 3 months of mandatory vacation is not being abused.

Linds

M&G Gift Contributor
Do you know anyone that's a teacher? I know plenty and your comment above is ignorant.