Levi Bell - USFL

franslasttwinkie

Do you know anyone that's a teacher? I know plenty and your comment above is ignorant.
I forgot how sensitive you were to anything and everything imaginable.

Let me make things clear... I knew plenty of people who started their corporate career and a handful at my own company who made less than the average teacher while working year round with only 2 weeks vacation that they could not even use consecutively.

Bobcat1

I guess it would depend if that is 11-13K per game week or 11-13K per calendar week. If that's 11-13K per year-round calendar week that's $572-676K/yr, actually. Again, I don't think players outside the 53-man roster are bound to NFL minimum pay so that would be pretty high for a practice squad guy (that's not that far off from league min) but it would not surprise me.

But I don't know the requirements for practice squad guys or if there even is any.
It’s only during the season typically. Unless the team goes to the playoffs, then they get extended.

vp98

Practice squad players are (obviously) practicing with the team, have access to all training facilities and are first-up for available slots on the active roster. Not a bad gig if you ask me.

Bobcat1

Practice squad players are (obviously) practicing with the team, have access to all training facilities and are first-up for available slots on the active roster. Not a bad gig if you ask me.
Talked to a TE from UTEP a decade back who was on the Eagles practice squad, he was making $26K+ per week during their playoff run. Practice squad is as legit as a 10-day NBA contract or a weekend injury call-up in the MLB. 💰 💵 💰

Heck, Kinne made a great living doing that for a few years.