Men’s Sun Belt Tournament

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I assume we get an NIT bid now that it's back to normal size.
Yes. Was hoping to at least win or two which may have helped them move up a line for that tournament. Likely going to be on the road at a P5 school either the 15th or 16th

BobcatRaider

Txst was ass and absolutely deserved to lose, but the system for mid-majors to make the tournament is so fucking flawed. You dominate the conference for the entire year and then lose one game and you’re out.

Gonzaga’s conference gives the 1 seed a 3 game bye because they want to ensure their best program makes the tournament. Is does the conference no favors to have a mid tier SBC team represent the conference in the big dance.

carmanjello325

coach terrence is the coach for us to make us quite competitive just whether or not he is the coach to het us over the hump and turn heads nationally remains to be seen

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I am a huge TXST. With that in mind I am not at all surprised by this outcome.
I second what BobcatRaider said: why is there so much emphasis on the conference tournament instead of the regular season? It almost make the regular season pointless. Our hopes of getting into the NCAA tournament are dashed by a team that we beat 2 out of three games. That makes no sense to me.
This is even more so when talking about baseball conference tournaments.

dirtbag

I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I am a huge TXST. With that in mind I am not at all surprised by this outcome.
I second what BobcatRaider said: why is there so much emphasis on the conference tournament instead of the regular season? It almost make the regular season pointless. Our hopes of getting into the NCAA tournament are dashed by a team that we beat 2 out of three games. That makes no sense to me.
This is even more so when talking about baseball conference tournaments.
The league coaches decide the conference tournament formats, and every one of those coaches in every sport wants every single team in the conference invited to the tournament, so that they can't get fired for not even making the conference tournament.

TXST

Unfortunate results today and I'm crushed for the big 3, but I can only hope TJ continues to produce regular season champions then we will be participating in March Madness before we know it.

TXST

Also can we please get Norchad Omier to be a bobcat? Good lord we'd crush teams with an inside presence.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
App State took care of Georgia Southern. Unfortunately we were the lone upset. 2-4 all make it to the semis

slycat

SBC used to give double bye to top teams. With conference expansion it may again. From my understanding the coaches vote on set up so this was approved by the coaches for a single bye.