Men’s Sun Belt Tournament

vp98

North Texas #2 seed. Says we are at UNT, doesn't give date and time. Going to have to share coverage with SMU who earned a #1 seed against Nichols in the NIT.

Last edited:

vp98

I like the match-up. Not as sexy as an NCAA invite, but certainly a more winnable matchup than say Gonzaga would have been . . .
Of course would rather have the SBC Tournament championship and make the NCAA. Actually we were projected as 14 seed in the NCAA against Texas Tech so pick your poison. Considering the #1 seed in our NIT bracket is Oklahoma I would say we got a good draw. UNT is doom and gloom and very disappointed they lost in their CUSA tournament. Since they received a #2 seed must be well regarded. Nevertheless we have a good draw and a chance to salvage some post season.

franslasttwinkie

I like the match-up. Not as sexy as an NCAA invite, but certainly a more winnable matchup than say Gonzaga would have been . . .
I guess this is the point in the season where we list all the power schools who had a better ranking than us but didn't even get invited to the NIT. I suppose some of those schools could make a case of them having the better resume to go to the NIT over us just like we can claim we have the better resume than GSU to go to the NCAA tourney

Butler
Washington
Ole Miss
Minnesota
FSU
Depaul
Cinci
ASU
South Carolina
Northwestern
Maryland
Penn St
Wichita St
Syracuse
Clemson
WVU
KSU

I didn't do a full fledged check but didn't see any of these schools listed but may have overlooked.