Men's 2022 Bracketology

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985, exactly one 15 seed has made the Sweet 16. Nine 15 seeds have beaten a 2 seed in 143 games.

I'm more concerned about winning the conference tournament and getting that AQ.

TXST

Since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985, exactly one 15 seed has made the Sweet 16. Nine 15 seeds have beaten a 2 seed in 143 games.

I'm more concerned about winning the conference tournament and getting that AQ.
Couldn't agree more. Glad we are putting together winning seasons and I'm not complaining, but I desperately want the AQ.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Re-named the thread title to reflect the appropriate year.

franslasttwinkie

We will probably know the quality of the team we have headed into the conference tournament after we play Coastal on 2/5. If we are 6-3 or better we are probably pretty decent. If we are 5-4 or less we are probably not very good and at best mediocre

Bobcat1

This was taken after the MLK March this morning, what struck me the most is how close the team were to each other.✊🏾✊🏼✊🏾✊🏾

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
We will probably know the quality of the team we have headed into the conference tournament after we play Coastal on 2/5. If we are 6-3 or better we are probably pretty decent. If we are 5-4 or less we are probably not very good and at best mediocre
While there is no league separation yet, Louisiana is a much better team than some on this forum might think. Saturday was an important win for us.

Fiefdom

After ESPN playing with CCU, ULL, and UTA the last few weeks as the SBC rep, I would expect TXST to pop back in as their wild ass guess this week.

vp98

So then we will play a team like the 9th ranked team Villanova if we win the tournament this year. Need to go this year. Will get a whole lot tougher when everybody joins the Sunbelt next year.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
The seeding is geographic, not linear, but a 60 is more likely to be against a 5 than a 9.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
So then we will play a team like the 9th ranked team Villanova if we win the tournament this year. Need to go this year. Will get a whole lot tougher when everybody joins the Sunbelt next year.
Right now the incoming basketball programs are trash. Obviously will be harder only taking one out of 14. Hopefully become a two bid league, but that doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon.

franslasttwinkie

Bobcats as the #60 seed overall.

Does that mean in a normal season and we were to finish regular season 2nd or 1st and win the SBC tourney we might pickup the #15 seed and skip the play-in opening round game?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Where we finish in the regular season doesn't matter at all.* The SBC Tournament winner goes to the NCAA Tournament.

A team's overall resume determines their seed, not their conference. UALR was a 12 seed in 2016 because they had a 29-4 record.

The play in games are 11 and 16 seeds.

*theoretically a team could have an incredible record, lose in the SBC Tournament, and still get in, but that's rare in this conference.
Last time it happened was 2013 when MTSU went 28-5, but lost in the semis of the SBC - they were an 11 and had to play in.
WKU won the SBC Tournament and went to the dance as a 16 w/ a 20-15, but did not have to play in.