Men's 2022 Bracketology

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Too much weight being put on who the opponent is, vs what the seed is. The seed is the easier thing for the prognosticators to predict - the opponent, not so much.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Did fans speculating about where the team might be seeded in the NCAA tournament cause the team to lose in the SBC tournament?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Well, to my recollection no one thought we were going dancing, given that we lost 3 of 4 to the #2 team in our division and we all knew the better teams were in the other division. So if that thinking is why we got bounced, maybe the positive speculation will manifest that trip to the dance. Hell, we should really be thinking about a much higher seed if that's the case.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I actually think we're a 13-seed at this point if we manage to win the SBC tourney thanks to the USA/Troy sweep. We'll be 24-6 if we win the tourney and there's bound to be some teams ahead of us currently in seeding projections that aren't at-large teams that will slip up in their conference tournaments.

TXST

CBS Sports still has us matched up against Tx Tech (3) vs TXST (14)
ESPN has us matched up against Wisconsin (3) vs TXST (14)

slycat

GSU is the team to watch out for in the tournament. They are on fire since they started the conference play 0-4. Wouldn't see them until the final but I am hoping they get picked off before then.

Bracket speculation is part of the fun this time of year. We went almost 20 years without even being mentioned on a bracket so I will rejoice in the speculation and have fun with it.

vp98

GSU is the team to watch out for in the tournament. They are on fire since they started the conference play 0-4. Wouldn't see them until the final but I am hoping they get picked off before then.

Bracket speculation is part of the fun this time of year. We went almost 20 years without even being mentioned on a bracket so I will rejoice in the speculation and have fun with it.
Louisiana is blowing UTA's doors off right now. Would hate to one and out against UL.

Last edited:

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Agreed. The 2nd team to look out for is South Alabama. Who we could potentially face in the semis. Would love to see them lose in the 1st round or quarters also, but don't see it happening.

I was optimistic in the football prediction thread compared to others so gonna be pessimistic here, my prediction for this tourney is #3 Georgia State over #5 South Alabama in the final. The top two seeds (TXST and App) both go down in the semis. Prove me wrong Bobcats (I still bet us at +400 to win this thing, seems like good value, figured we'd be closer to +250 or so).

slycat

The Barking Crow has TXST as a 7 seed (if they fall to the NIT) playing at Florida

slycat

Bracketville has us as a 14 seed.

They have us as a 58 seed. This means we are the bottom 14 seed. I think 13 is possible if there are some tournament upsets ahead of us. It gives you an idea of teams to root against.