New Contract for Kinne

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
We all got it at the same time. It just felt wrong to post pictures of the actual contract. Guess no one else cared. It is public information, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
We all got it at the same time. It just felt wrong to post pictures of the actual contract. Guess no one else cared. It is public information, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
No biggie. Post pictures of the assistant contracts:)

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I wonder why Texas Tribune stopped posting university salaries. Used to be able to go look up the number whenever you wanted, but they quit a couple of years back.

franslasttwinkie

I don’t see much difference at all with the current incentives vs prior contract incentives other than the +50K base retention schedule.

I can’t believe there is no bonus for getting into the 12 team playoff bracket. Maybe they figure SBC will stay “P6” so winning SBC and getting that bonus is a lock in CFP playoff?

slycat

I don’t see much difference at all with the current incentives vs prior contract incentives other than the +50K base retention schedule.

I can’t believe there is no bonus for getting into the 12 team playoff bracket. Maybe they figure SBC will stay “P6” so winning SBC and getting that bonus is a lock in CFP playoff?
If he makes the playoff he gets a $500k raise and one year automatic extension to his contract.

franslasttwinkie

If he makes the playoff he gets a $500k raise and one year automatic extension to his contract.
Good call. Skipped over the 1st page since I thought it was just legal language because I thought something like that would be on the back incentive page. Thanks man.

Basically if he were to make the CFP at all his total compensation package would be around $1.7MM come 1/1/25. That’s a beast of a payday for the G5, but more specifically SBC. Especially if we assume he is good as poached with a playoff birth next season that’s going to put him up to a $5.8MM buyout that might push lower/middle end P5s away.

franslasttwinkie

I do think as a G5 program, winning to make the quarterfinal game is absolutely worthy of at least a 200-300K bonus in and of itself. If we’re getting his buyout for that win he should be able to name his price for an opening round playoff win over seed #5 or #6.

Really the incentive bonus in his contract to make the CFP championship should be his bonus to make the quarters and the bonus to win the CFP championship should be his bonus to win a quarter game to advance to semis. The contract should have outlined realistic goals for a G5 program.

slycat

Right now he is tied at the top of SBC base pay. I don't know how the other contracts are set but if he keeps winning 8 games a season he will slowly pull away from the other coaches. Then again there could be other contracts with similar clauses. What is new here than in the past is it is a raise and not a one time bonus.

atxman

My fantasy remains that Kinne will keep winning and decide that San Marcos with a salary of $1+ million a year (and growing) is a fantastic place to raise his kids. Of course, I also fantasize about winning the lottery and buying a house in the Belvin Street district down there. I’ll be 0-2 on those dreams, but they’re nice distractions.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
My fantasy remains that Kinne will keep winning and decide that San Marcos with a salary of $1+ million a year (and growing) is a fantastic place to raise his kids. Of course, I also fantasize about winning the lottery and buying a house in the Belvin Street district down there. I’ll be 0-2 on those dreams, but they’re nice distractions.
You better not touch the Mediterranean style home, I’m calling dibs on that one.
If he is here a decade and continuously pumping out 8+ win seasons he will be making t Taylor money OR more without us having to cut from other sports