New Head Coach: GJ Kinne

Bobcat83

If true we are fortunate. I thought he was unattainable due to the Tulsa
opening. Only one year as a HC-year still progress.

If You haven’t already-research his background with Traylor from UTSA and other respected coaches. Not insignificant.

My 1st 2 choices- I will surmise from all of the posts that they were at least contacted and possibly interviewed.

Morris- I am thinking another year with Cam Ward at QB with get him a bigger job?

Keeler- really with SHSTU moving up why move?

Fresh start with a very bright and well respected young man….

I do not think this is Spacital 2.0

jimbobway

M&G Collective Member
Wasn't my top choice, but I'm feeling good about it and feeling good that KD/DC reportedly took some big swings. I hope he repairs our recruiting pipeline more than winning next season (but winning while doing it would be extra nice) since we have seen so many guys bolt for the portal.

BobcatRaider

Risky hire but I don’t hate it. Give him the money to get a quality staff onboard. At only 34 and 1 year of HC experience, I think it’s important he brings on an experienced former HC as one of his assistants. Similar to McGuire bringing on DeRuyter to help. Looking forward to seeing what his staff looks like.

DrumCat

Yeah, I've never been less excited about a hire since my freshman year. Hope it's just because I'm jaded but this feels like some weird combination of Spav and Withers. I just don't see anything on his resume that suggests he can build a program.

Anybody watch a majority of UIW games this season and have a recommendation of one to watch? I'd like to watch a game to see what we're getting.

Hope I'm wrong, eat em up!

Voltronjacko

Yeah, I've never been less excited about a hire since my freshman year. Hope it's just because I'm jaded but this feels like some weird combination of Spav and Withers. I just don't see anything on his resume that suggests he can build a program.

Anybody watch a majority of UIW games this season and have a recommendation of one to watch? I'd like to watch a game to see what we're getting.

Hope I'm wrong, eat em up!
They play Furman in the FCS playoffs on Saturday at 1pm on ESPN+.

Mittens

Im excited for Gary.

AD did good and didn’t fumble a good/young prospect, support sounds better with fast decision making-alignment, pro experience at both QB and WR positions.

All around good get, and his name is technically Gary 🥹
I’m going to light a candle for you, man. Was hoping Patterson would somehow emerge as a surprise and you could spend all offseason bragging you got it right.

BobcatRaider

If anyone cares. Some random people opinions. And no, that's not me. 😅

Yeah 90% of other fanbases think this is a great move and 90% of Bobcat fans are butthurt. I understand not wanting to go with a very young OC after Spav but you gotta give the guy a chance.