SBC Bowl season…

Bobcat1

Things continue to go downhill for the SBC bowls. Not only has the conference started 1-4 across it’s bowls, now this. 😅👇🏼👇🏼

It’s starting to look like the conference isn’t as strong as it appeared to be, and 12 teams qualifying for bowls is more of a product of playing each other for winning records. 😬😬

vp98

Things continue to go downhill for the SBC bowls. Not only has the conference started 1-4 across it’s bowls, now this. 😅👇🏼👇🏼

It’s starting to look like the conference isn’t as strong as it appeared to be, and 12 teams qualifying for bowls is more of a product of playing each other for winning records. 😬😬
On Waikiki! Looks fun to me.

Bobcat1

I did live through the Matsuckis era. Did he pose with the Strutters at the beach or at Sewell park?
No, much worse. But it’s not my place to discuss then. 🤐🤐🤐

But I imagine the perception is why Beck had to issue a mia culpa.

slycat

So far that the ones that lost were underdogs or has worse records then the teams they played. No ugly loses.

atxman

I read the article and see that the photo was removed because of a perception issue. No further explanation there. Unless one or more of the girls felt creeped out/uncomfortable, I still think it’s no big deal. I wouldn’t have been in that photo, but that’s mostly because I think shirtless middle-aged dudes like me are startling enough by ourselves.

B

Bakertxst04

I get both sides of the argument.

1) Tim Beck is supposed to be a leader and a role model. Posing shirtless on the beach with the dance team wearing revealing bikini's isn't a great look.

2) It was an opportunity for a fun photoshoot for a team who's school is inherently tied to beach culture. They're in Hawaii, why not have some fun?

Ideally, they should have erred more on the side of caution with the photoshoot, but it's nothing like say, the leader / son of a university's founder posing with his pants down and shirt open.

Bobcat1

I get both sides of the argument.

1) Tim Beck is supposed to be a leader and a role model. Posing shirtless on the beach with the dance team wearing revealing bikini's isn't a great look.

2) It was an opportunity for a fun photoshoot for a team who's school is inherently tied to beach culture. They're in Hawaii, why not have some fun?

Ideally, they should have erred more on the side of caution with the photoshoot, but it's nothing like say, the leader / son of a university's founder posing with his pants down and shirt open.
🤣🤣🤣

Whatever you do, DON’T post that pic. It was cringy enough the first time it came out. 🤭

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Didn't say you did, even remotely so, but your guilty conscience is telling on you.

Bobcat1

Big day for the SBC with six teams playing in bowls all day. Troy didn’t look too good on defense against Duke in the 1st Qtr.

Last edited:

Bobcat1

How on earth did we lose to both these teams….they’re both looking overmatched. Particularly Arkansas State, who nearly scored 100 on us. 😳😳

Bobcat1

SBC is now 1-6 in bowl games. Troy at 11-2 were shut down by a 7-5 Duke team. 😬😬 Pretty sure Gunnar Watson played with a concussion that entire second half. Announcers were all “What a tough, tough guy!” I don’t know, maybe we shouldn’t glorify sacrificing a kid’s health for random entertainment in late December. Coaches and trainers should have known better and stepped in.

On another note, Malik Murphy ended up transferring to the Blue Devils. Duke, not just a basketball school anymore.