Thoughts on potential candidates to replace Jake Spavital

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
Not necessarily. An ugly loss could make this thread much more relevant.
I would hope a loss would make this thread a lot more interesting. Competitive or not. They’re down bad.. then again so are we so that just factors into moving on.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
A change isn't off the table completely, but it would take a real no show from the team to move the needle.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Eric Morris - UIW HC /Former OC-Texas Tech - One of our best, most realistic options. UIW has been a horrible football program for most of their 8 year history prior to EM taking over. Now the Cardinals are FCS playoff bound for 2nd time in 4 years. Has had one losing season his stint there. Also has plenty of FBS experience with being OC at Texas Tech for 5 years. Absolute homerun hire IMO. Defense needs to improve immensely however.

Colby Carthel - SFA HC - Again one of our best most, realistic options. SFA was horrible prior to Carthel getting there and now are playoff bound 3 years later. Has had only one losing season his entire coaching career (2019/1st year at SFA). Playing UIW in San Antonio this coming Saturday, I might go there just to check it out. With Sam Houston moving on to FBS, look for SFA to really start taking over FCS soon.

Winner gets 1 seed Sam next week

franslasttwinkie

Between the 0 guys he (Spav) has lined to for 2022 and a game today we deserved to lose but ended up winning what basically felt like an overtime but we had opportunities to win by 20+ there is absolutely nothing that says he deserves a 5th year. Nothing will get better I don’t care about new president new AD bullshit chances are those will both be terrible hires too so we are only wasting time.

We were out gained in yardage greatly today against a team that nearly lost by 30 to the 2nd worst team in the conference. He needs to go and he needs to go now. I would have felt a lot better if we had lost by 30 or won by 30 but the result today was the absolute thing that could not have happened.

Still not a single game we have scored 30 points in regulation even against deplorable opponents. Absolutely embarrassing

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
Okay okay, for conversations sake let’s say one of the guys with Spav connections gets the OU job and hires J-Spav as OC and Z-Spav as whatever it is he may do, what is the general temperature of the room?

Not entirely sure it’s a realistic proposition. I know they are from Oklahoma, Z-Spav almost went to OU to coach LB’s instead of coming to TXST. I’m not sure if they prefer the beautiful I-35 corridor we are located in to the plains of Oklahoma but money and home make people do things in life. Just something to spark discussion.