Tournament Thread - NIT

franslasttwinkie

TJ is good enough to compete in the sun belt but part that. WTF. Two separate 7 point leads in the last 12 minute span only to allow a 10 point uncontested rally in a 1 minute span. Compete and utter bullshit bush league close out. Don’t contest 3s the entire game then foul on one that is low percentage. What the flying fuck. I was about to give the man high praise headed into the last 2 minutes but he pulls a full 360 that a good external hire would have been matured enough to close out. Wining 1st found in NIT I think would have been bigger than having made the NCAA at all. Again flabbergasted as usual. Think small I guess act small.

Arolexion

TJ is good enough to compete in the sun belt but part that. WTF. Two separate 7 point leads in the last 12 minute span only to allow a 10 point uncontested rally in a 1 minute span. Compete and utter bullshit bush league close out. Don’t contest 3s the entire game then foul on one that is low percentage. What the flying fuck. I was about to give the man high praise headed into the last 2 minutes but he pulls a full 360 that a good external hire would have been matured enough to close out. Wining 1st found in NIT I think would have been bigger than having made the NCAA at all. Again flabbergasted as usual. Think small I guess act small.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz more jake spav stans zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BobcatRaider

I can’t believe how upset I am over an NIT game. Terrence Johnson and the team absolutely deserved to lose with how they handled the final minute, but to get absolutely railroaded by the refs twice under 10 seconds is hard to handle. We know nothing but pain.

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Tough call at the end of regulation and bad way to end the season to an in state program.

Mittens

I tend to agree. Good coach for the Sunbelt? Yup. Going to keep the team competitive in conference? Probably. But he’s in over his head when it counts. No excuses, the past couple games were poorly coached and executed. The Bobcat way

slycat

Both teams have great defenses. You saw both offenses go streaky. UNT lead basically the whole first half and 5 mins of the second. Then they went 7 mins without a basket. I don't like the take we blew it because UNT would say the same. Refs ruined it.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Stay salty little bitch - I will 100% put this on the refs
forgive me for calling you a loser. Harrell missing the front end of a one on one, Ceasar missing a FT, Harrell’s stupid foul on the 3 and our inability to secure the missed FT that led to anothe UNT bucket all happened in addition to the marginal call on Asberry.